“Football Weekend”

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very cleanly, hospitable, peaceful, quiet, ay from the crowed highway....Coffee a little weak but there is a Starbucks a block away with drive thru service....Nice pool and workout room....lobby very nice. My wife and I had a really enjoyable time...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Brighton

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is the second time I stayed here and have been pleased with the location and rooms. I attended a UM game at Ann Arbor, and it is hard to get a room closer, but this was easy and quiet (except for the people who came in late in the floor above).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two daughters (the youngest a month old) in late September. We were using this as a half-way point for a visit to the Toledo Zoo to keep the travel times down for the little one. We reserved a king bedroom suite (not studio) with the plan of having the baby in a pack-and-play with us while our daughter slept on the pull-out couch.

The plan (almost) worked. We were unprepared for how cramped the separate bedroom was in our suite. With all of the over-sized furniture, there was insufficient space to locate a standard pack-and-play in the room and still be able to move about. There was approximately 18-24" of space between the bed and the other furniture (or walls) of the room. We tried it one night with the pack-and-play essentially blocking our access to the bathroom, and the next night took our chances with her in the outer room with her sister. Fortunately we didn't have any problems.

Other than that, our stay was fine. Shower had good temperature and water pressure. Full-sized refrigerator in the unit was very useful. The morning breakfast offerings were pretty diverse, and met all of our needs. Parking was adequate, with available spots relatively near the entrance closest to our room. (I've always wondered, though, why every hotel puts the parking spots up against the building, where the headlights will shine in the room, instead of on the outside). Our oldest daughter enjoyed the pool, although it could have been a few degrees warmer for my taste.

One nice touch was the Neutrogena bath products. We also thought the bed was comfortable, although having a firmer option for a pillow would have been nice.

Overall, a respectable stay, but nothing that would keep us from shopping around the next time we wanted to stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed a week here. The hotel was great; noticed a problem with the window shades in our suite on the first day and it was fixed immediately. Always a good breakfast and evening meal. Homewood Suites rooms are always nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was a great location for a stay for a game. We were about 20 min. out from the stadium so it was easy to get there. As for our room - it was very comfortable. We were pleased with the size of the room - large! We especially enjoyed the walk-in stall shower! Did spend some time in the pool area and in the patio. Just a lovely stay. The football victory didn't hurt either! Go Blue!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Dark, tired and worn interior decor throughout this building. Lots of dark cherry wood, blues & burgundy -- straight out of the early 1990's. The sagging cushions & stained seating in the front lobby is a dead giveaway for what lies beyond.

The suite itself was same configuration as any other Homewood I've stayed at but you don't have to look closely to see that the carpet, furnishings and bedding is worn & threadbare. Bed covering itself was thin, wrinkled & had a multitude of picks & runs.

Breakfast was not good - the eggs were hardly edible & my colleague remarked that her oatmeal was the worst she'd ever tasted. Incredibly poor lighting in the dining area as well.

The only redeeming items were;
- positive & pleasant attitude of the front desk & breakfast room staff
- suite itself was clean in spite of it's worn appearance

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Homewood48116, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience during your stay. I sincerely apologize if you found our décor to be dated and if your breakfast was sup-par. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I travel for business and choose Hilton whenever I can... I will even go out of my way to stay at a Hilton property, On this particular trip, I had to do just that (stay a bit out of my way) and I am so glad I did.

I chose the 1 bedroom King suite and was very comfortable. The room was well laid out with plenty of room and with charming decorations..not too overbearing.. not too dated. I'm not going to compare it to the Beverly Hills Hotel, and shouldn't because I wasn't paying to stay at the Beverly.

On that note, as I sat in the restaurant enjoying a cold beer at the Manager's reception, I looked around the place and was quite impressed with the hardwood trim and beautiful fireplace.

The food... well, it was decent. Stuffed peppers one night (actually tasty) and some chicken caesar pasta for night 2. (it was ok... wouldn't ask for the recipe though) but you know what.... it was free!

I had had a busy day traveling and at work.. and I just wanted to return to my hotel room and relax.. didn't want to drive anywhere .. didn't want to choose a restaurant.

I expect I will be visiting the area again (for work) and I will gladly return.

Oh.. the staff... I read some of the reviews and was puzzled by folks who said they got rude service.... not the case for me.. actually quite the contrary, the second I walked in the door, the young lady (From Veracruz Mexico) was unbelievable friendly, I even commented to her on how great her welcome was... it appeared very genuine and it was followed with a very nice smile. We even visited for a bit; I felt like i made a new friend. When I was heading off to work on day two, she was right there saying good morning.

Thanks Homewood suite for being wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
#3 of 5 in Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
No photo provided
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!