“Run down, needs attention”

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Broken furniture, worn carpeting, blah breakfast food will have me looking for another place to stay while in this area for my business trips.
Layout of the building is not convenient and the desk staff always seems to put me furthest away from the amenities.
A real let-down for a Hilton hotel property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby or you may find yourself taking a long hike to get breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dhall854
Homewood48116, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. I am so sorry if you found broken furniture and worn carpeting. We are always looking for ways to update our property and I can assure you that your feedback will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stay here about 8 nights per month. Hotel is a little dated, but the service is generally good. It's better than the other hotels in the town. They recently upgraded to flat screen tv's and HD programming....finally. Complimentary breakfast is generally good, dinner can be hit or miss.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff L

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you found our service to be good. I do however understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated in need of renovations. We are always looking for ways to update our property and I can assure you that your will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a hockey tourney recently. There was LOTS of space for 4 women, 4 hockey bags and some shopping bags. I was worried after reading some of the reviews, but the place was very very clean. The breakfast was typical of any Homewood. The hotel was close to the highway and there is a Chili's and Target in the plaza next door.

Already booking for next year's tourney!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Yet another great stay at this Homewood Suites. Conveniently located to the highway, dining options and shopping this is an excellent, comfortable facility. Always friendly and helpful staff. Never a problem with my room or any of the services. Thanks again for another great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I found Homewood Suites to be a comfortable home away from home, and great value. My trip was short but I could see an extended stay being enjoyable as the rooms are like a studio apartment. PS: Breakfast ROCKED!

Room Tip: Breakfast ROCKED! Nice lobby and great room with fireplace. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First of all let me say that I found this place very clean. Second, I have never found a comfortable couch in any hotel room I have ever stayed in. I think couches, no matter the chain, leave a lot to be desired. My suite was absolutely spic and span and the only complaint I head was the bedspread looked to be ready for the dumpster. My shower and everything was absolutely clean and very comfortable.

For those of you expecting a gourmet dinner or breakfast to accompany your night's stay please find a little bit of realism. The meals are offered as a convenience to those of us who travel. They aren't meant to replace fine dining and local establishments offering a gem of a dining experience. Believe me, the hotel meals are better than a vending machine.

I would not hesitate to stay here alone on business as well as vacationing with family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tpharkman
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I'm gold with Hilton and stay at lots of their hotels. And this one was terrible. The bed and sleeper sofa were old and uncomfortable, the suite was small and dirty, and the staff didn't seem to care. It was so bad that we checked out early and found another hotel nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Rams1994
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!