“Beware if you think you're getting cleanliness for what you pay.”

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Bloomington, Illinois
“Beware if you think you're getting cleanliness for what you pay.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It appeared to be in a nice area, near Target and a very nice outdoor mall, and the grounds looked kept. We were shocked upon entering our room--2 BR suite. The furniture was old and in poor condition--needed dumpster. The tubs had filthy black scum/ring of filth, the toilet had green stuff on the sides, there were white stains on carpet and brown splashed on the walls. The sheets OMG I don't want to discuss the white crusty goo and yellow stains on pillows! The place smelled like pee, so we cracked the window and the screen was falling out--there was an active wasp nest in sill! Oh, and they advertised an accessible suite w/ roll in shower and there wasn't one! The manager said he didn't like to clean and offered us nothing but changed sheets!! In the end, we weren't charged for the $200+ room. That's good! Don't expect real accessibility or cleanliness!

• Stayed August 2012
Homewood48116, Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to take care of the issues you mentioned, including the linens, the bathroom, the smell, and the carpet. We are actively taking measures to prevent this from happening in the future. I’ve also talked to our maintenance team to fix the broken window screen and get rid of the wasp nest. I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again and see our many improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Clinton township, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Since our stay at this hotel I have been contacted by the new manager and he has assured me that the events that took place when we stayed there will not be happening again. He is making some changes and looks forward to our visiting again. Good luck David in your new position as manager

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Denmark
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We, a family of four, stayed two nights in a three room suite. Rooms were excellent and the staff friendly. The breakfast was good The best was the 'Managers reception' which in some hotels is just a snack, but here could make it out for a full meal - with drinks. Excellent value. The layout of the hotel may feel a bit like a maze - suddenly you discover a door which is a shortcut to the pool.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from the reception area. Try to get a map - there are many shortcuts, e.g...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Reserved our room thru Hotwire and the room was not a suite which was ok. I can't speak for all the rooms, but my biggest complaint was the poor lighting in the bathroom and the outdated carpet. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. Conveniently located near the interstate which was good also. I thought the walk to get to our room was very long....not enough entrances and elevators. My husband was ill and had to stop and rest in the hall because it was such a long walk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Homewood Suites in Brighton was THE place to be this weekend! It was hoppin with family and friends. We were greased warmly by the staff, quickly placed in our quiet and spacious room, and enjoyed our one night stay. The only drawback we found was no pay per view tv. The channel surfing was boring. Otherwise, homemade breakfast buffet was mediocre, yet clean and well staffed. The coffee was delicious and there was ample room in the dining area that was well appointed. Rooms were clean and up to date. Mediocre shower head, could be replaced and I suggest they get the Kuerig single serving coffee instead of a less sanitary coffee pot.

Room Tip: Oh and there are ceiling fans!!! But it had a weird smell in the room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying here as it is in a nice town. While I enjoyed the town of Brighton and the mill pond and Stillwater Grill; the hotel was a disappointment. Check in process was ok but I was surprised they gave me a room that was the furthest from the lobby; a long walk; being a diamond member I thought I would get better treatment than that. There were a lot of wild kids running around so there must have been some kind of athletic event in town. I guess the thing that upset me the most was that after a long, hard day, all I wanted to do was go down to the manager's reception for a quick bite and not have to go out. I walked in right at 7:30PM and the food had already been taken away and the guy in the lobby said sorry, the reception is from 5:30 - 7:30PM. No attempt was made at all to accomodate me. So I had to go out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

If I were not a Hilton Honors member, I would not have stayed here and probably won't stay here again even still. The breakfast that is included is gross. The shower Is converted from a bath and looks like something a landlord does in a crappy rental house. The staff was Very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean but it still has an old school tube tv.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
Best Western of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!