“Decent Hibachi - Over-the-top Chef”
Review of Shogun

Shogun
Ranked #104 of 125 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Howell, Michigan
“Decent Hibachi - Over-the-top Chef”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I took my husband here for his birthday and our hibachi chef was one of the worst I've ever seen. He kept throwing food at my husband and missing going over his shoulder or hitting his shirt. It went past fun to annoying. The food was average hibachi food.

I have also dined in the Chinese side. The Chinese food is ok. I had the Bento box which was REALLY good. FYI it says it comes with tempura, that is tempura vegetables. When I asked our server, he said "It's tempura". So helpful.

Visited April 2013

Cuenca, Ecuador
“Chop Chop”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our knife wielding table chef was very skilled. He made everyone's food perfectly while being entertaining. On the other hand, the service by the rest of the staff was non-existent. We were early, and the restaurant was not yet crowded. It is a very large restaurant, and there was not enough staff in evidence to handle it. We were not able to get refills on our beverages (missing staff). The items were priced about the same as similar restaurants, but stuff like an extra charge for fried rice instead of white rice and a $2.50 cup of tea were a bit of a turn off. There are better choices available.

1 Thank Ragu10
Brighton, Michigan
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm not a sushi fanatic by any means, but my wife and I do have some local options and have been to the restaurant a few times. We have always found the food to be very fresh and well prepared. We ordered a nice selection of rolls and were very pleased with each selection. The soft shell crab roll was exceptional both in taste and presentation. We found the servic eto be fast and friendly. The restaurant is clean and beautifully appointed.

Michigan
“Entertaining and Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Scheduled a birthday party celebration for 9 at this restaurant They did not disappoint. Food is cooked in front of you, along with special 'grill" entertainment. Everything was cooked to order and tasted beyond excellent.

This location also has lots of shopping within walking distance.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great food...terrible service!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had dinner in the Chinese section of the restaurant. The layout is very nice with Japanese steakhouse on either end and the bar and Chinese dining in the middle. We have eaten here before and loved the food. We ordered off the sushi menu and I also had the beef with broccoli. The sushi was good (smoked salmon) and my meal was very fresh and not drenched in sauce. They have gluten free options which I need. The waitress was awful! She brought me the wrong meal (chicken instead of beef), then when questioned she thought I had ordered wrong. When she looked she had written down beef, so I had to wait for my meal while the others were already eating. She was terrible on refills for drinks. I eventually had to go to the bar to get a glass of water because she was MIA. The food is good, but they need to step up their service.

• Visited May 2013