“More than sushi”

Sushi Zen
Ranked #5 of 125 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great sushi and bento boxes... worth listing.
Brighton, Michigan
“More than sushi”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a sushi guy but the service and other food items at Sushi Zen are more than enough to keep us coming back. The fried beef dumplings are awesome. I also really enjoy the soba noodles. My wife loved her sushi, particularly the quality of the rice.

Brighton, Michigan
“Great sushi”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Sushi Zen never disappoints. The sushi is really good and the service is always friendly. I love trying all of the different specialty rolls. I recently went during pregnancy and our server was knowledgeable regarding which rolls were safe for me and baby. I see many trips to Sushi Zen in our future.

• Visited November 2012
Flint, mi
“Wonderful”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

An old friend was visiting from out of town for the holidays, so my wife and I met him at the Sushi Zen restaurant for lunch. He ordered the "Chef's suprize" lunch entree. I ordered the "Sushi and Sashimi" Bento lunch. My wife ordered the Tempura Shrimp" Bento lunch. We all enjoyed our meals. All meals came with salad and miso. These were also very good. All three meals and three drinks came to a little over $60. and was money well spent.

The sushi roll menu is VERY extensive, and features photos and descriptions of many, many special rolls. A lot of them look amazing, and I'd love to try most of them sometime.

I've eaten at a couple of other Brighton sushi places, and have given them high ratings as well, but now that I've tried the food at Sushi Zen... I can agree with the other Tripadvisor reviewers who place this restaurant best in the Brighton area.

My friend tried to find this place on his GPS, and it led him to the wrong place down main street. So I suggest you go to the intersection of Grand River and East Main Street, and it's right there in the same location as the CVS Pharmacy, but on the other side of the auto parts store (behind Coney Joe's).

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank flintjarvis
Howell
“Best Sushi in the Howell/Brighton Area!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We live in the Howell area and make the drive to Brighton just about every week to enjoy sushi at our favorite sushi restaurant in the area, Sushi Zen. As other's have stated, it is really small, but thankfully they are expanding, and soon! We were discussing this with the manager last weekend and he said that the renovations should start in January. We are so excited they are expanding because the wait can get long, but ALWAYS worth it. Try the Autumn Roll, we love it so much we always get two!

• Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Sushi with fast service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My son and his fiance brought me here recently for sushi. Service was very fast, and the food was excellent. The benefits of this restaurant:
+ Broad variety of sushi available
+ Fast service
+ Great price
+ Excellent quality
+ Locals love the place
My negative for Sushi Zen:
- Small restaurant can create a wait
I would definitely go here again.

• Visited October 2012