“Nice Dinner Spot in Brighton”
Review of The Wooden Spoon

The Wooden Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New restaurant in Brighton. Owned by a chef who worked at a local Country Club now out on his own. Hearing good things about the place. Needs a a spot on TA.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We dined at The Wooden Spoon with friends of ours the other night, it was the first time at this restaurant for the four of us.
The entree's we had were all very good, made with fresh ingredients, and prepared wonderfully.
Our friends had the baked mac and cheese and a Tandoori Chicken Ceasar Salad. My wife had the fresh catch special, which was a black cod with Mediterranean couscous, I too, had the baked mac and cheese. The mac and cheese is made with aged white cheddar, grilled chicken, bacon bits, spinach and cavatappi. It was very creamy and very good!
They offer wines by the glass or bottle, and for a nice change, they don't price their bottled wine based on the glass price. None of the bottle prices were over $30.00.
We shared a 2012 "Arabella" merlot from South Africa, $24.00.
Fresh food, wonderfully prepared, and a very attentive wait staff all make for a great meal, but it does come with a slightly higher than average cost. Entree's are in the $20 to $25 range and a listing of "small plate" offerings in the $9 to $13 range.
The quality of the food and the service make a visit to The Wooden Spoon worth every penny.
Once you've tried it, you'll be back!

1  Thank Are2

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I live in Brighton I stop into wooden spoon at least once a week. I enjoy the freshness of the food. It's is alittle pricey but I would much rather pay a little more and have amazing food. The turkey sandwich is to die for. I also enjoy their salads. They always have different soup to chose from. I recommend if you like eating fresh healthy food this is a great choice.

1  Thank Courtkeegan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at The Wooden Spoon occasionally over the past year and most times I have enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for last night. They have a station outside which will make appetizers for you on request. Your wait person is suppose to inform you of your options there, ours did not. I ordered the fish dinner and my wife ordered the steak. When the meal arrived, my fish came on a very large plate with a VERY small portion with some VERY small clams. (4 to be exact). My wife's steak was so tough that she could not finish the meal. Low quality beef at high quality prices. At the end of the meal we informed our waitress that we had a $25 certificate that we had purchased for their eatery at Restaurant.com. She explained that the establishment was not accepting these as there had been a mix up with Restaurant.com and we would have to take it up with that company. So as you can imagine by the end of the night we were sadly disappointed. There is a new restaurant that has recently opened up down the street called Alexanders which serves up some extremely appetizing meals with some excellent service for prices lower than the Wooden Spoon. On the plus side The Wooden Spoon does have a custom ground coffee that you can purchase by the pound which is very good. I'll be back for their coffee but not much else.

1  Thank Snapshot_Diner
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am consistently pleased and delighted at the quality and range of food selections at the Wooden Spoon. The lunch box deal is consistently a great value for the price. I love how it enables you to sample a little of several different mains and sides with a perfect serving of a dessert (a couple bites worth). Every salad I have tried has been delicious. I appreciate the unique twists this restaurant places on otherwise classic twists. For example, take my advice and try the green chili polenta :) My favorite is the Old #7 sandwich on the lunch menu. I never would have guessed that pickled blueberries, brie, pistachios, and arugula would be such an amazing combo. The prices are high, but I assure you that you are paying for high quality ingredients. The Wooden Spoon is a must visit!

1  Thank waverider681
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our first time visiting The Wooden Spoon. The quality of the food was excellent but it was very expensive. The meal was excellent but the service was very slow. It was not all that busy yet we were there 40-45 minutes before we received our food. I don't think I will be back but this is a great option for those who are vegertarians.

1  Thank JulesY959

Been to The Wooden Spoon? Share your experiences!