“Great place!”
Review of The Wooden Spoon

The Wooden Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New restaurant in Brighton. Owned by a chef who worked at a local Country Club now out on his own. Hearing good things about the place. Needs a a spot on TA.
Michigan, usa
“Great place!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I live nearby and reffered to the Wooden Spoon by friends. Since then, we can't get enough. They are contantly updating the menu, so there is always something new to try. I would describe the food as comfort food with a twist. Great basics each with enough of a twist to make the food interesting and different. The waitstaff is consistantly outstanding, and the Manager, Scott has been friendly and accomodating on occasions where I have asked for beer or wine advice. Summer is paticualrly interesting as they have "small bites" on the menu where you can try many different items which is my favorite.

Just an outstanding all around place to eat. Comfort food with a twist, along with a helping of oustanding service.

• Visited February 2013

Brighton, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They put their heart and soul into the menu”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went there with my family from out of town tonight. The service was exceptional. Kristen and Mary did a great job. The Raw bar was inventive and very good quality. The octopus and smoked muscles were very flavorful. The drink selection was thoughtful and had the "last word" cocktail which was one of the most interesting flavors my taste buds have ever encountered. The moscato wine was also one of the best selections of this varietal I have ever tasted. Our large party of 16 had almost everything on the menu. The lamb was so tender and flavorful, I floated to the ceiling and only came down for seconds. The sandwiches were huge and enough to feed two kids. The flat breads were perfectly done. This was all washed down with some of the best coffee anywhere which is roasted just for the Spoon from Common Grounds in Michigan. I took home a pound for myself which they sell in their own market. They had the place all decorated for the holidays and it we could have enjoyed the great snow fall from a nicely heated "Raw Bar Alley" where the oysters are shucked right in front of you with the snow falling behind. What a nice scene. Overall, would highly recommend this to anyone who loves food and loves sharing the experience. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They really wanted you to enjoy your experience.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tommy L
South Lyon, Michigan
“Another fabulous find!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

WOW! It was great...so good in fact that we went back the next day for their brunch. Great food, great service. Can't wait to go back and try some other deliciousness from their menu!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MichiganQui1ter
Lansing, MI
“Delicious Creative Menu”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I found this place on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We don't live near brighton but were passing through on our way home. The place is kind of hard to find if you don 't know the area because the signage wasn't very big so use your GPS if you have one. The manager recommended a great bottle of wine and seemed very passionate and knowledgeable about pairing the wine with their different food choices. The food was excellent. We started out with the duck lettuce wraps which was terrific. I had the honey curry pork tenderloin which had really great flavor. There was a little too much ginger in the sweet potatoes for my liking but my husband loved them. My husband had the flank steak which was cooked perfectly and the bacon grits that they came with was to die for. We finished with a flourless chocolate cake for dessert which was teriffic to. Definitely give this place a try if you are in Brighton.

• Visited November 2012
Fenton, Michigan
“Delicious Creative Sandwich Selection”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The sandwiches at The Wooden Spoon are creative and inventive. There is always something interesting and fun to try. I love the outdoor dining area in the warmer months.

Visited November 2012

Been to The Wooden Spoon? Share your experiences!