“Service Declining”

Americus Grille
Ranked #28 of 129 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm a regular customer who's been one of the biggest fans; however, I've been noticing declining service. The food is great and the prices are reasonable but the servers have attitudes, a lack of urgency , a lack of pleasantries and are almost rude to regulars! "It's you again"! Not the kind of appreciation customers deserve for paying there salaries and keeping the owners afloat. If this continues business will decline and so will profits, if they have any. I'm reevaluating my frequency as we speak!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We meet 1 or 2 times a month for breakfast. Help is great, Coffee cups are kept full, Orders taken well. Oatmeal is great w all the fixins. Discount coupons are usually availiable. Only complaint that is common has to do with the Hash Brown potatoes being Bland. I hope they can fix this one.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Found this eatery by chance and was not disappointed. The staff is very friendly and makes sure you are getting good service. On our last trip we were given 10% off because we had to wait for our order so long. We were so surprised because we had not complained because they were so busy.
The mini Greek salad is huge.....great value and tasty food.
We have had their lunch and breakfast items.....very good!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I finally made it to the Americus Grille after it's remodelling. I was very pleased with the menu, food, and service.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very pleasant; it's an open-are diner, but with a substantial number of booths. Although an open floor plan, it wasn't that noisy, and the lighting was very tasteful.

When I first looked at the menu....wow! The menu is very extensive, with something for just about any tastes. And, the prices were reasonable (at least from a Brighton perspective). The only downside of the large number of selections was deciding what to get; I guess there's an incentive for coming back.

I ended up ordering the chicken blue cheese salad; this salad was excellent, with a whole grilled chicken breast, mixed greens, candied walnuts, dried cherries and crumbled blue cheese, with a balsamic vinegarette dressing. A grilled pita was served with the salad. The salad was excellent, and very large (although I didn't have much of a problem finishing it).

The staff was fantastic, quick, and very helpful. There was also no rush to get us away from the table after we were done eating.

All in all, a very good experience, and I'm sure I'll be returning.....

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Great food, great value! The food is fresh and well- prepared. Excellent French toast! The staff is friendly and the coffee cups are kept full!