“Fast food. Good service.”
Review of TGI Friday's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 126 Restaurants in Brighton
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My Family and I go to TGI Fridays off Whitmore Lake all the time. For the most part, we have received quick service and helpful staff. I will say that, on one occasion, I had a hostess who rolled her eyes at me. The waiter had asked her for help to bring the food over to our table and when they got there I let him know that they had mistakenly given me stuffed mashed potatoes instead of stuffed potato skins and she bluntly rolled her eyes at me to my face and gave an exasperated sigh. My waiter apologized and replaced the food, happily, he was very nice and helpful.

On other occasions, that we have gone, we have had amazing service. We received our food in a timely manner and, when we asked, they would leave us alone for a while to talk before our meals and come back every so often to see if we were ready, so we didn't have to hunt anyone down. They are very accommodating and we have never had any major problems in the several times we've been there since it opened.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We received our food 30 minutes after ordering. Those of us who ordered petite sirloins were shocked at how little they were...and very chewy...and our side dishes were baby size. The chesseburger that came did not have on it what was ordered and no fries...til 10 min. later. I paid the bill with my c.c. and wanted change for a $50 so I could tip appropriately. THe waitress told me she could not make change for me out of the register but would see if any other waitresses had change. As she walked away to get change she rolled her eyes which my daughter saw. The ultimate no no was that she told another waitress what I was asking for and they both continued looking my way with negative looks. The bottom line is that I may as well have taken a match to my $90 and burned it. It sickens me that I paid that kind of money for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Not really sure what has happened to TGI Fridays, but it has become, what I would refer to as, institutional food. Nothing particularly good and the only thing that seems to stand out is the poor service and inadequate staff. The last several visits to our local TGI begins with a greeting at the host/hostess stand that is on the same plane as one might receive at the local funeral home. After which, we are seated by a dolt who escorts us past scores of very accommodating tables, which are vacant, to seat us either by the kitchen, or at a table that is configured as a booth on one side and chairs on the other. The reason for this is to seat us in a table where there is an active server, however we often find that the server has been over committed and does not have the bandwidth to cover another seating.

Our recent visits have several common denominators: First, the staff is not proactive, which means we have to request everything from flatware, to napkins, to drink refills, removing unused/used glasses, appetizer plates, serving dishes, etc.; Second, the food... warm and mediocre-shrimp that is over cooked and stuck to the shell, kids burgers with an over toasted bun, on a kids meal, no less! Most kids are missing teeth; why not serve a kid's meal burger on a nice soft bun? Why are the condiments so inaccessible? Perhaps, the answer lies in the fact that it allows the food to cool further, while we await the twice requested condiment. Third, we expect more. Fridays used to be FUN! What happened? We could tolerate a few miscues if the atmosphere was as advertised, or even better yet, like it used to be. I remember a time where, no matter where you went, Fridays was consistent and fun. I am not suggesting that it was be the be all and end all, but rather an enjoyable, festive and GOOD place to dine and hang out.

When I was in college, there was a Fridays just a few miles form campus and we went there a couple times per week. Did it just get too big? Is it difficult to find good personnel? Or, is it more profitable to understaff, provide lackluster food, a tired ambiance and turn a table quickly? How about this... Provide a happy greeter that welcomes you, gets you seated and initiates a process where the CUSTOMER is treated as a valuable guest. The process of doing this would create a repeat clientele. Be proactive and sell the customer something that drives revenue and pleases the customer need. Believe it, or not, but you can actually run a profitable business by supplying a customer need. Instead, what happens is, under service, over charge and retain a limited and infrequent customer base; which, of course leads to further limited staff, inexperienced help and a further disillusioned customer base.

Let's get back to the basics, guys and gals. There was something that TGI Fridays was doing right, which made it profitable and supplied the resources to build out new markets (probably to the extent that it was over committed, but let's not digress) and I recall that time in Fridays timeline. What would it take to peel back the layers of corporate excrement and get back to the core business that built the Fridays empire.

My kids often watch a SpongeBob Squarepants episode where the Krusty Krab is purchased by a restaurant chain called Crabby O' Mondays. Red and white stripes and manufactured food with lots of marketing and no substance. Sound familiar?

Reviewed October 27, 2011

good service and very clean,and would advise people to give it a try

Reviewed May 17, 2010

It was a little difficult to find the entrance at first but since I know that it's not the restaurant's fault I wasn't annoyed with them (Road commission chooses where roads and driveway entrances go, not the business itself). The parking lot had many spots and is set up nicely so that most of the parking spots are near the door. The parking lot and exterior of the restaurant was very clean. We went in and the door was opened for us and we were greeted instantly and cheerfully. We were seated right away. Our server came by right away and told us the drink specials and offered to start some appetizers for us. We ordered drinks (they had great specials!) but told her we'd wait on the appetizers. (Even though we didn't want appetizers right away I appreciated her offering in case we were in a hurry.) The menu had a lot of choices all at a great value, and the server was helpful when we asked for suggestions. The rest of the meal went smoothly, food was hot and tasted great, refills were brought when we needed, and the check was delivered in a timely manner. The interior of the restaurant and the bathroom were clean and well kept. I had a great time and would recommend it.

1  Thank ericalee37