“No heat, dirty tub”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Southgate, Michigan
“No heat, dirty tub”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

They say you pay for what you get, On 11/3/2013 my wife and I check in at Knights Inn, Bridgeport, Mi. Got in to our room and there was no heat and the tub was dirty.We did not unpack and I had turned on the heat. While we went to dinner, returned a few hours and the room was still cold. went back to the front office to get our money back. We had to wait for the Manager, when he returned we had told him there was no heat in the room and we wanted our money back. He had gone to check the room and retuned. Told us there was heat in the room, I don't call 60 deg being warm. He would not return our money and we did not say there. The City or State need to shut down hotels like this one. I would never again say at a Knights Inn even if it was free.

Room Tip: you pay for what you get, check the room out first before you pay the clerk
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Northern Ontario
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way to London. It was close to the freeway and to Frankenmuth where we planned to visit. The room was clean and the rates are cheap $66 US. I have read that some rooms have been redone but ours wasn't one unless it was done in the early 80's theme. The phone was the original square pushbutton style, there was no clock on the nightstand, and the furniture was old. The free WiFi left you high and dry from one minute to the next and the shower faucet fixtures were dangling loose.
On the positive side the rooms are cheap and close to numerous restaurants and shopping in Frankenmuth and Birchrun. If I ever stay in Bridgeport again I think I'll try somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 15, 2013

First off when I booked here I booked on booking.com, but found it at a lower rate a couple hours later for 20$ less. I called the hotel and asked if they price match or should I just cancel and re-book. She said absolutely, print the info out and bring it with you. I did, when we showed up the gentleman at the desk said he had no idea what I was talking about they absolutely did not do that...and this is how it began! So not only did I overpay by 20$, both of my nieces could not believe that we booked this hotel, they were not amused. This hotel is so old and would remind you of the Bates motel. The furniture is so old and super outdated..what we had was clean I will admit, however we got 2 towels for a double room..it was a non-smoking room but it had burn marks on the tub. My sister in law stayed in the room right next to us and she had a mini fridge, we did not. Our tube tv had lines running through it. The breakfast is actually bread for toast, little debbies, some muffins and Danish a couple types of cereal...my niece turned around and walked right back out! I cannot believe we payed 77$ for this room...I don't know book at your own risk seriously people.. the guy said our room number backward, gave us the wrong time for breakfast and it was posted right above his head, spelled my name wrong..it was really something!

Room Tip: Unless for looking for something like a super cheap MOTEL..DONT DO IT!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow.... Ok..... This motel definitely goes with the saying "you get what you pay for." It's a true motor inn, right off the highway. Very close to fast good restaurants. Rooms are tiny, seemed clean, and need updated. Bathroom clean-ish. We stayed one night and survived. If your looking for a place to stay if you're just traveling through you really can't beat the price. Do not stay here if Bridgeport is your destination!

• Stayed September 2013
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My parents and I stayed here during the auto fest. From the website it looks like a pretty decent place to stay but it is not what they advertise! Stay away! No wifi, the breakfast is just old cereal, and the room looked like it hasn't been updated since the 80s! The beds has stains and tears in the sheets, the phone was broken, the tv had few channels none were local, the shower was a mist of water while the faucet kept pouring out and there were cob webs in the corners! They lost our friends reservation. The management and staff here don't care about their customers. Much better hotels in the area so don't waste your time here!

• Stayed September 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for new years eve and I have got to tell you this place has gone down hill for sure.
Rooms were not that clean and not been kept up on .
And when we tried to check out we waited 45 minutes before anyone showed up at the front desk.
And as we checked out finally there was a woman who was living there day by day working the truck stop down and across from the hotel.
Not the type of place ill ever stay at again
In my previous review I stated it was nice clean and a good value, but now the prices went up and the place is a dump and I'm not sure i want to stay at a brothel hotel

• Stayed December 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for new gears eve and I have got to tell you this place has gone down hill for sure.
Rooms were not that clean and not been kept up on .
Not the type of place ill ever stay at again

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
#4 of 7 in Birch Run
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 7 in Birch Run

Been to Knights Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!