“manager very helpful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
CHESTERFIELD
“manager very helpful”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed here last weekend, had a small problem but didn't complain to management. I received a survey from the hotel, addressed my complaints and heard from the manager personally. It was very nice to be addressed personally and not by a generic email or phone call. I thought it was very good customer service and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tinley Park
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We spent the weekend at the winter festival in Frankenmuth. Chose the Baymont Inn Bridgeport because the accommodations were reasonable and only 8 miles from where the activities took place. The facility was clean and the staff friendly. The continental breakfast was just okay. Because we were going to be at the festival for the entire day, this hotel met our needs. If you plan on spending the day in Frankenmuth and need a clean place to stay at a reasonable price, that's close to the expressway, Baymont Bridgeport will fit the bill.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gziggie
Whitehouse, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Every once in a while we like take a day trip to Frankemouth, Michigan. This is the second time that we have stayed at the Baymont in Bridgeport. As nice as it might be to stay right in Frankenmouth I prefer a location that is a little bit away from the crowd. The Baymont is located right off I-75 and is a short, easy to navigate drive into Frankenmouth. Another benefit is that it is only 15 minutes away from Birch Run (outlet shopping, with everything under the sun).
The rooms have been redecorated since our last visit. The new furnishings were attractive, giving the room a high quality feel. Our two queen room had enough room to get around without feeling too cramped. The linens were nice and I remember the comforter being just that, very comforting. It was heavy and warm. We slept soundly, or I was just really tired from all the walking in town.
The staff was always courteous and helpful. The only thing that seemed a little off was when I called the front desk for the local weather forecast. The gentleman seemed surprised by the request, but he did get me the information and was kind.
The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. We have stayed at other Baymonts and my children were quick to point out that the selection was not as large as some of the others. The traditional coffee, tea, OJ, apple juice was provided along with: waffles, bagels, danishes, cereal, yogurt, and fruit. The girls noticed they didn't serve hard boiled eggs or sausage. Not a big deal to the parents, as I new we would be eating breakfast the next day at the Cracker Barrel, located right next door.
Overall all the stay was without complaint. We will continue to stay there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Hallpass50
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My friends and I went to Frankenmuth for a weekend and decided to stay in Bridgeport to save money. We all stayed in separate rooms. I don't have any complaints about the hotel, it was fine for what I paid. The room seemed to be clean and the bed was comfortable. The only problem I noticed was the window was dirty on the outside and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning but decided to go to the Cracker Barrel right next door for the next morning. The hotel serves a continental breakfast, so nothing to write home about there, but there was yogurt so that's better than some other continentals I've had.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hamilton
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Every year, we go away with our neighbours. This year, we picked Frankenmuth and chose to stay at this hotel because of the number of reports on bedbugs in Frankenmuth hotels. There was not one report of bedbugs in this hotel, just comments on rude staff. We were very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful attitude of the Front Desk. All of the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, and while playing cards close to the lobby, we had the opportunity to watch a number of people looking for a room in this solidly booked hotel and watched as the staff made recommendations and calls for those who could not be acccomodated. A special thank you to Chelsea for all your help. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable. The room had everything we needed. The carpet could have used cleaning, but that was the only thing and slippers solved the carpet issue.

Room Tip: We were in room 333 and 335. The hotel was completely booked and yet we had peace and quiet. We di...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was a good hotel for the money. I can't say it was the nicest but some of the harsher reviews I have read are not accurate. The lobby is nice and the rooms are clean. The pool area is nice and well-kept. The beds were comfy and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel could use some updating but it's not gross or smelly or anything like that. The Cracker Barrel next door makes for a good dinner. The breakfast that they serve in the morning is not the greatest but it's free, it's included, and there's something simple for everyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Normal, IL
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I thought I was stuck. I had prepaid my Baymont room, but through them on their website for the 20% discount. Our plans changed due to my wife's twin moving into that area at a different date. Not only did they change my reservation anyway, they kept me in the two-room suite I asked for (I had been there before) AND refunded me the last 3 days of my 6 day booking when we unexpectedly needed to leave early. Wow. Kudos to the staff and manager for that one. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, 2 room suite nice if traveling with kids
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank stopsein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!