“Great Fun!”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Junction Valley for the first time last week. The quarter sized train was fun to ride and I find it cool that a guy built the whole set up out of his imagination. We had fun riding the bikes and playing on the playground with my 3 year old son. Some of the playground equipment did seem giant sized and a few bikes needed repairs but that didn't stop us for having loads of fun. We plan on going back for my son's birthday. You can eat a picnic lunch at the picnic tables anytime so you can make half a day out of it. I definitely recommend going!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wiva34

Flint, Michigan
“quarter size railroad 100% fun”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

this place is great for family outings, picnics just all around good time the Spook train at holloween is the best! also enjoy railroad days and visit the workshop where everything was built; and the roundhouse

Visited May 2013
Saginaw
“Step away from hustle and bustle”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I find it funny that one review on here is concerned for lack of safety, while another says they weren't allowed to walk the tracks to the parking area (presumably because that would be unsafe). But anyway, Here's the deal - the quarter size railroad was built as a hobby by the original owner, not really intending to make a "theme park". So, to the people who have ill words to say about this place, i challenge you to find a more unique attraction. That being said, it is open to the public and every time I visit I see new paint and different things they are working on renevating. It is quite remarkable all the effort it takes to build and maintain this railroad just from an upkeep standpoint. I was told that the valley itself floods every year - sometimes more than once. It's an affordable place to bring the kids for a unique play area. But make sure you have a few hours - this isn't a drive-by sort of park. I have found them on facebook and see that they are doing new things for summer events. And, of course, the one thing you don't want to miss is their Halloween Spook Train. Been there, done that - going back again!

Visited June 2013
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a day!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had my 4 year old grandson pumped up about a train ride at a field trip to the Saginaw Zoo. It cancelled due to the weather so this crazy Grandma decided to take him to Junction Valley Railroad! We were the only ones there! Geared with Arby's and new umbrella's, off we went! We had the best time! We rode all the bikes around and around, in the rain!!! Outdoor fun and for us,best waterpark ever!! He wanted to do it again! Grandma and pregnant Mommy were too pooped but we promised to visit it again this summer! Thank You JV Railroad for everything!!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank DebGeorge
Michigan, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Shabby”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Poorly maintained and run down. Peeling paint and rotting wood everywhere on the "buildings". Like someone else said its in the back yard of a trucking company with lots of junk lying around. When we went we were trapped in the "valley" for over an hour because they weren't going to run the train back to the parking lot and we were told we weren't allowed to walk. Never again.

Visited July 2012