Mountain Run at Boyne
$89
Boyne City Motel(Boyne City)(Great Value!)
$99
$60
Hotwire.com
$97
HIExpress.com
Odawa Hotel(Petoskey)
$89
Travelocity
@ Michigan Inn & Lodge(Petoskey)(Great Value!)
$69
$67
$65
Travelocity
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey(Petoskey)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbluegreen ownersdeer lakebedroom condoworking orderfall colorsindoor waterparkski resortski liftfree shuttlean indoor hot tubfitness roomjet tubavalanche baygreat resortup to datewater parkthree bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Our unit was spacious, clean, well equipped. There were low cost craft activities most days. The zip lines were awesome - a series of lines strung through the woods zigging back and forth down the mountain, after taking a chair lift up. Wonderful for active teen or young adult. As a family we took the lift up and walked down through quiet woods trails. The nearby lake was unexpectedly warm for swimming, and there were sailboats and canoes you could take out for FREE. The resort was far enough from city lights that we got up one night to watch the annual Persid meteor shower. There is also an indoor water park, but we did not use it.
Off grounds, We rafted and canoed 2 nearby rivers - great fun! Many other activities and tours were available - we will be going back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TNewby
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My Husband and I take a trip up to Boyne every March. It's a great place. We usually always get the 1 bdrm condo in at Mountin Run. The condos are very nice and cozy. Decorated very well. Toasty gas fireplace, kitchens/dining, etc...like a small apartment. The 1 bdrm feels more like a studio and can be very cramped for more that 2 ppl, but it's never stopped us from comming back, I do wish to 1 bdrm would have a jacuzzi though, only the 2 bdrm units do. The only complaint I would have about the room is that every time we've gone, you can always hear the neighbors jacuzzi going and the beds arnt very comfortable, unless you like a hard bed, but we've always just called the front desk and got maitnence to bring over a bed pad...which seems to make it alot more comfortable for us. There is a TON to do at Boyne Mountin in the winter, you name it, they have it! There is a WONDERFUL Spa in the lodge as well, it is well worth the money and reasonabily priced compared to most spas. There is a water park and an arcade too! Boyne Mountin has someting for everyone! I've never been there in the summer or fall, but with the gorgeous winter views, I've always wanted to visit in the fall, I bet the fall colors would be so gorgeous from their mountins!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

We had a 3 bedroom combined unit here the week before Christmas. We had another family with us and this set up worked out well. We could keep the doors to the condos open to the center foyer (which has a locked door to the outside hall) so there was plenty of room for everyone, plus room to be on your own if you so desired. We had two 8 year olds and an 11 year old with us. When not skiing, the kids enjoyed watching movies, having the fireplace going, and playing games on the nice sized table in the 2 bedroom unit.

The decor of these condos is among the best I've seen. They looked fresh, charming and clean. I loved the paint colors- bright and cheerful (and stylish). Our unit looked out onto a ski slope and at night the snow machines would quietly whoosh out snow. At daybreak, it looked positively eerie (but beautiful) with the sun starting to show through the snow. (I would have thought these machines would make alot of noise, but they didn't.) You had everything you needed in terms of equipment in these condos from the kitchens to the bathrooms.

The Bluegreen staff was excellent, particularly Maria at the desk. We had a problem with the DVD player making noise and the maintenance man was over quickly to fix it. Great service.

You can either hop in the car to ride the 60 seconds over to the slopes behind the Mountain Grand Lodge or there is a little bus that will come pick you up. If you ski, note that there is a "ski valet" at the slopes (on the sidewalk back to the Grand Mountain Lodge) who will keep your skis for free (a tip is nice of course) overnight, so no lugging them back and forth. There are also lockers in the area where you rent skis to keep your boots- no need to lug those around either.

The guys and kids did the zip line at Boyne and loved it. You can book it through Boyne Sports. There are 9 lines that run down a hillside (not a steep one). The 8 year old boys loved it, so did the 11 year old girl, and of course the dads loved it. (I would do it next time.)

We ate at Stein Erickson's, which is in the older lodge building at the foot of the slopes- I believe it has a clock in the high chalet point? It was fun to watch the skiers going by at night. Food was fine. (Sign up for a Boyne Rewards card first thing, or even before you go- you can get points everywhere you buy stuff at the Boyne resorts.) We had the Trophy Pizza (same building as Stein Ericksons) as carryout one night- it was pretty good! I was pleasantly surprised. If you eat in, it's kind of a very casual bar setting (Stein Erickson's is just a touch fancier- but definitely NOT fancy). We also ate at Everett's in the Mountain Grand Lodge and it was nice. The staff at all the restaurants were friendly and nice.

I've been to Avalanche Bay (indoor water park) at the Grand Mountain Lodge previously and it was fun. I would probably suggest an evening for this as it's cheaper and 3 hours is probably plenty of time for most.

We also stayed at this resort in the summer time and enjoyed it. The outdoor pool is nice (there is no indoor pool here, but there is a nice, large indoor hot tub), there were plenty of chaise lounges and towels were available there. They had outdoor grills with tables and settees here and there around the resort and we saw some families grilling out and eating outside. It looked lovely.

I have to agree with another reviewer who mentioned that having the large garbage cans right inside the main doors is unsightly and the odors can occasionally get unpleasant. I would suggest to Bluegreen that they see if there is a way to locate these elsewhere or close them into a closet. However, if they did smell and you called the office, they took care of it quickly. Service is really good here.

Don't be surprised that the floors and stairs leading to the doors to the units are kind of beat up wood. When you've got people clomping up and down in ski boots, there really isn't a great flooring surface beyond this. FYI, if you do bring your own skis or don't valet them, there are two large closets in the foyer area between the combined units in which to store them. Very handy. There is also a closet style washer and dryer in this foyer area, also very handy.

I got a massage and facial at the Solace Spa at the Mountain Grand Lodge. It's a very nice spa and you can have access to many things for the day if you have a service. I really recommend the facials and massages, but not the reflexology. I did the latter and it was no better than the foot massage I got with both my facial and massage. (This place is very pricey, but since I don't ski, this was my special treat.)

Petoskey, about 15 minutes north, is absolutely charming. Fun little shops and some great restaurants. Chandler's has excellent food. The Noggin Room at Stafford's Perry Hotel is fun on a weekend night because they have some local entertainment that's just good old fun. My favorite store is Grandpa Shorter's, but there's something for everyone.

During the summer, my son and husband went kayaking over on Little Traverse Bay at Harbor Springs- SUPER fun! The water was VERY clear. I understand you can also kayak at Deer Lake near Mountain Run, but we haven't tried that yet.
Speaking of Harbor Springs, if you want a really fine meal in a lovely atmosphere, we definitely recommend The Pier restaurant. In Charlevoix, another charming town not far from Mountain Run, we recommend The Weathervane restaurant- it's perched right along the canal that runs between Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan. It's great fun to watch the bridge go up and down for the sail boats.

Hint: If you follow your GPS from Mountain Run to Charlevoix, you will see that you have to ride the Ironton Ferry. WHAT?? Yes, really. It's actually kind of fun. It's just a little 4 car ferry that runs across a pretty narrow inlet of Lake Charlevoix. It kind of freaked us out at first, but was fun after we did it. While in Charlevoix, I recommend taking a sailboat ride on the Sunshine. It was absolutely beautiful (and you get to ride through the channel that the Weathervane sits on)!

Altogether, I would highly recommend Mountain Run at Boyne in either summer OR winter. (Oh, and there are beautiful golf courses in the summer, too!) It's just lovely.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MackinacMegan
Reviewed September 8, 2010

There were 3 families staying at the Bluegreen resort at Boyne Falls (Mountain Run at Boyne Falls). Each of our families stayed in 2-bedroom condos. Each was beautifully decorated, well laid-out, spacious, clean...I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it (well, except for maybe the in-room coffee - yuck! I would bring your own along with filters). There was a nice-sized kitchen, well equipped with all of the basics (cups, plates, bowls, pots and pans, utensils, etc.), a dishwasher, stove and microwave, and fridge; a living room with a gas fireplace and tv w/cable and a pull-out sofa bed; the dining room had a wood table with 6 chairs; the 1st bedroom had a queen bed (I believe...maybe a full?) with a tv, closet and bathroom with tub/shower right across the hall; the master bedroom was bigger with a large bed, closet, and great master bath with a walk-in shower and jacuzzi tub. There is a washer and dryer (2 Tide one-load boxes included in the room, as well as a laundry basket) located in the foyer just outside the room, which you have to share with the guests in the room next to you (not a big deal).
There is an outdoor heated pool and hot tub at the clubhouse, as well as an in-door water park (Avalanche Bay). The water park was a blast and well worth going to, especially if you have kids. We have also been here in the winter months and have stayed at the same condo through Bluegreen, and the ski areas are great. There is a tubing area that was a ton of fun. The ski lodge and surrounding area is nice. Lessons are offered for novice skiers.
If you have a boat, bring it. There is a lake about 4 minutes away from the condo with a beach and lounge chairs.
Downtown Petoskey is about a 10-15 minute drive North, and has all of the big-box stores and restaurants.
Overall, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank petstone
Reviewed September 4, 2010

RESORT: Check in was not too bad...long line behind us but moved rather quickly. Staff took their time with each check in and did not make you feel hurried. Answered all questions and very kind. Landscaping is very pretty with floral very well done. Colors were striking and vibrant. Did not go next door to view the Grand Mountain Lodge or use their facility.

CONDO: 2 bedroom unit/2 full baths...looked like the photos. Newly painted and furnished. We had a top unit and had the balcony off living room and master bedroom. Three couples stayed in this unit and we did very well. Kitchen is small but we managed just fine. Table set 6 very comfortable. Watching tv (above the fireplace) was good. Living room had one couch and two chairs. Sofa bed mattress they put on floor and did very well. Kitchen is furnished with all we needed and ate all our evening meals at condo as well as breakfast. Requested new coffee pot and one was delivered while gone for the day. Also delivered two additional box fans upon request at check in (evenings cool but needed the "white noise") PLENTY of hot water for showers and there were 6 adults.

Only disappointed was location of their trash bins. Located at the inside entrance of the condo. So when we entered the foyer to go upstairs (no elevators, no problem) there sat the trash bin and SMELL! I did complain to office and they sent someone right over to spray but that was not all that great. They really need to come up with a new plan and design for this is not a welcome to guest. People unfortuately left pile of towels on the entrance bench and looked very unbecoming. Needed to sweep entrance inside and paint upstairway. Once inside the condo it was VERY nice...no complaints. Very clean and well maintained.

We were on motorcycles and took daily trips. Did not use the resort amenities. Appeared to be several families at the resort with small children but seemed very quiet, never heard noise at all in condo. We were all impressed with kindness of staff and always willing to help if asked a question.

Easy drive to Harbor Springs, Petosky (14 miles) and Mackinaw Island cost $21.00 for AAA. We drove our motorcycles to Boyne City to get groceries at Glen's Market (better prices at Walmart in Petosky) which was fine. Ate our first night at Red Mesa Grill. Great Grouper tacos! I believe many other reviews list well the things to see and do.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends