Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark
Review Highlights
Fun park for the kids!

We visited on Saturday 3/7/20 and bought the half day/evening passes for 4 children. Age 11+ is... read more

Reviewed March 9, 2020
Solane J
Greenville, Michigan
Winter Respite

Boyne Mountain Resort has so much to offer besides the wonderful snow skiing. And Avalanche Bay... read more

Reviewed March 6, 2020
Sandra R
Bremen, Indiana
via mobile

All reviews lazy river water park all ages indoor waterpark great wolf lodge snack bar older kids life guards surf simulator wave pool year olds hot tub took advantage toilet bowl flow rider day pass having fun
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I visited here for the day with 2 other adults and an 18 month old girl. We had a great time. The slides were fun and it was not very crowded for a Saturday. The cons: The kiddie pool was not as warm of water as it probably should have been for small children. Renting lockers was pricey. Overall an excellent day and we plan on going back for a full weekend to enjoy the slopes.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018

Our first trip to Avalanche Bay, with three 9 year olds and two 7 year olds. The lifeguards were fantastic, in that they were constantly moving and supervising the water. Pacing back and forth, and very alert -- so impressed!

The park was fun, good way to spend 5-6 hours instead of skiing. Food was reasonably priced. For MI's largest indoor water park, I expected a bit more, but the kids were satisfied (and safe!).

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

First time to a water park with my 6 year old son. He had a good time on the downhill mat racer and Splasherhorn. Because of his size he was limited on what he could do. The lazy river was a little of a challenge because of his size, so we had to share a tube. Would help if they had tubes where he could sit in it. A few more basketballs in Blizzard Bay would have also been helpful, along with a lower basket. Oddly enough, the Kitz Pool was the coldest of the pools. There was definitely some wear and tear on the place, but I am sure that comes with the volume of people coming through it every day. Plenty of towels available, which was a plus. More benches in the locker room would have been helpful. He also enjoyed the arcade, as they had a lot of games to play. Didn't try the food there, so we're not sure what they had or how much it cost.

1  Thank MSUBones2010
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Well, it used to be kind of dirty and mostly fun. Now it's just dirty and disappointing. We visited again this past weekend. The kids' pool area was very cold because the water heater was broken. The front desk was aware of this problem, but when we paid for our tickets at 4pm (to do the evening only) and they saw we had TWO children, I think it would have been the ethical and moral thing to tell us that a huge part of our visit would not be possible. Unfortunately, no one told us, and we paid.

I immediately asked a lifeguard if the heater was broken in the kids' pool area. She said she didn't know and would ask her manager. After a while, I asked her what was happening with the pool. She said she still hadn't talked to her manager. The lifeguards are always rotating, so the next lifeguard came around and I asked him. He said he couldn't speak much English...so, I went to the front desk. They instantly told me they knew the heater was broken. (Ummm...that would have been good information 30 minutes ago). I asked them if they were going to fix it, and I was told it would be fixed.

The kids played and had fun, as kids do. We noticed that many of the water features were no longer in working condition. Spray guns don't spray or twist as they should, etc. The locke facility in general was dirty. The facility was also very cold in certain areas. It wasn't a warm 84 degrees throughout as advertised. By the time we left at 7, the kids' pool was still broken and cold. We kept hoping the pool heater was going to be fixed. No one offered an apology, let alone a refund.

In all, we were discouraged with this visit. When you are skiing at Boyne, Avalanche Bay is convenient and they know they have a captive audience. I think we'll be heading to Schuss Mountain next year for a change of scenery.

4  Thank Theresa M
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a day visit to meet friends who had been skiing. We thought it was the perfect size for kids 8 and 5 who are competent swimmers and love rides. My 5 year old badly wanted to do the anti gravity slide and even tried to persuade the life guard, the best part was she played along with it and enjoyed the interaction with my son. This is a fun place and you can easily spend the whole day just chilling and having fun!