“Very fun!”

Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Boyne Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Opens May 2005.
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time here yesterday. Spent 5-6 hours there with a teen and a preteen and didn't hear "I'm bored" once. Had plenty of activities to keep us all busy. Lifeguards were very alert and all over the place. It was clean. Food was good and priced ok. Impressed with the number of tubes and double tubes they had. Never had to wait for one, where as the last water park we visited you had to hang on to yours or risk never getting another one. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank jenthib
"took advantage"
in 3 reviews
"young kids"

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I visited here for the day with 2 other adults and an 18 month old girl. We had a great time. The slides were fun and it was not very crowded for a Saturday. The cons: The kiddie pool was not as warm of water as it probably should have been for small children. Renting lockers was pricey. Overall an excellent day and we plan on going back for a full weekend to enjoy the slopes.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

Our first trip to Avalanche Bay, with three 9 year olds and two 7 year olds. The lifeguards were fantastic, in that they were constantly moving and supervising the water. Pacing back and forth, and very alert -- so impressed!

The park was fun, good way to spend 5-6 hours instead of skiing. Food was reasonably priced. For MI's largest indoor water park, I expected a bit more, but the kids were satisfied (and safe!).

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

First time to a water park with my 6 year old son. He had a good time on the downhill mat racer and Splasherhorn. Because of his size he was limited on what he could do. The lazy river was a little of a challenge because of his size, so we had to share a tube. Would help if they had tubes where he could sit in it. A few more basketballs in Blizzard Bay would have also been helpful, along with a lower basket. Oddly enough, the Kitz Pool was the coldest of the pools. There was definitely some wear and tear on the place, but I am sure that comes with the volume of people coming through it every day. Plenty of towels available, which was a plus. More benches in the locker room would have been helpful. He also enjoyed the arcade, as they had a lot of games to play. Didn't try the food there, so we're not sure what they had or how much it cost.

1  Thank MSUBones2010
See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Well, it used to be kind of dirty and mostly fun. Now it's just dirty and disappointing. We visited again this past weekend. The kids' pool area was very cold because the water heater was broken. The front desk was aware of this problem, but when we paid for our tickets at 4pm (to do the evening only) and they saw we had TWO children, I think it would have been the ethical and moral thing to tell us that a huge part of our visit would not be possible. Unfortunately, no one told us, and we paid.

I immediately asked a lifeguard if the heater was broken in the kids' pool area. She said she didn't know and would ask her manager. After a while, I asked her what was happening with the pool. She said she still hadn't talked to her manager. The lifeguards are always rotating, so the next lifeguard came around and I asked him. He said he couldn't speak much English...so, I went to the front desk. They instantly told me they knew the heater was broken. (Ummm...that would have been good information 30 minutes ago). I asked them if they were going to fix it, and I was told it would be fixed.

The kids played and had fun, as kids do. We noticed that many of the water features were no longer in working condition. Spray guns don't spray or twist as they should, etc. The locke facility in general was dirty. The facility was also very cold in certain areas. It wasn't a warm 84 degrees throughout as advertised. By the time we left at 7, the kids' pool was still broken and cold. We kept hoping the pool heater was going to be fixed. No one offered an apology, let alone a refund.

In all, we were discouraged with this visit. When you are skiing at Boyne, Avalanche Bay is convenient and they know they have a captive audience. I think we'll be heading to Schuss Mountain next year for a change of scenery.

3  Thank cleanhand13