On Friday, Feb. 21, 2014 I visited Avalanche Bay with my daughter and an adult friend. We had all been there several times before and had good experiences. The smell of chemicals was stronger than normal that day. My friend leaned down to get into the hot tub, and his throat closed. He had to run outside to breath. We went upstairs to a hallway that connects two buildings to get air, and found a family we are friends with there too. Their 7-year old son had his throat close after leaning over the hot tub as well. His Dad had carried him outside (10 degrees) to breath. At first, we just thought to get our money back. The employee at the kiosk got a manager on the phone to approve the refund. After 20 minutes and a threat to send them the hospital bill, we got a refund on our credit card. In the middle of our fight with Boyne management, my friend, not able to breath again - just from the chemicals in the air, stepped outside to throw up. The staff member was refunding the money to another family at the same time, for the same reason. The line grew to 30 people wanting to come in. The only comment by the staff member regarding so many people getting sick: "freeky". Putting pieces together, I phoned a friend who had been at the water park the day before. Three of her four children had to be taken out of the park because their throats closed. All three children were playing around the hot tub. I went into the gift shop to find someone who would take this seriously. The employee tried to reach both managers, but was unsuccessful. I went with my daughter and friend to the hotel to find any manager. I spoke with Jason, a hotel manager, who also tried to reach the Avalanche Bay managers. No success. By now, my daughter was also sick. She had a headache "like being hit with a mallet". We were promised that we would be contacted by a manager. This never happened. The next day, I started coughing up globs that tasted like the chemicals in the waterpark. It was crazy. As the employee was giving us our money back for getting sick at his park, he was taking money from another fifty people, including young children, without any warning to them about the risks.