“Decent value”

Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Opens May 2005.
Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Decent value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Avalanche Bay is a little pricey, as with most indoor water parks in a tourist area. Overall it was a good time for the money. The tube slides were a lot of fun. We just visited today (off season) and it wasn't busy at all, so there were no waits for anything.

I wouldn't bring a child between the age of 3 & 5, because $25 is a lot to pay to play in a kiddie pool. There are plenty of local pools and splash pads around my hometown for much cheaper.

Overall it was a fun day for my two year old, but would have been a waste if she was 3 and we had to pay for her addmisson.

3 Thank simhap

Traverse City, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Family time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

A great place to spend a weekend with the kids. Clean safe and affordable fun for the whole family. Great weekend getaway

Visited April 2012
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun, but not as big as I thought it would be.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was just right for my 8 and 7 year olds. Probably not great for older kids or teens. Really missing a wave pool.

Visited November 2012
Naperville, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great time during Spring Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a really great time during our visit to Avalanche. It's so nice to have a really fun place to go in Northern Michigan during the winter that doesn't involve skiing.

My only warning would be for parents to be very careful on the wave ride. My fearless son injured himself. The water is very forceful and if you don't do it just right you can get taken back quickly and hurt. We ended up visiting the emergency room. I won't let him back on the ride now until he's atleast 12. Just do it with caution.

We enjoyed all other parts of the park beyond the wave machine.

Visited March 2012
Savannah, Georgia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I live around the area and I love going here. I take my 3 year old and she loves it. There are cafes and arcades off of it. Very cool place to spend the day.

1 Thank Janasulkowski