“Love this place. Look no further” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brown Trout & Falls Motels

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boyne Falls
Brown Trout & Falls Motels
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
St Johns MI
“Love this place. Look no further”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Boyne mountain is less than 2 miles from this gem. The knotty pine rooms feel like up north should. I have a microwave, coffee and maker and a refridgerator. Everything I need to save $$ and pack my food daily to grill out on the slopes at one of the warming huts.

My favorite thing is check in is quick and I park right outside my room. Ez in and out. It's so close I can come and go to the mountain as I please.

Always clean and comfortable. The owners are really helpful and know the area well. There are things to do year round and they have recomeeded some great sights and area restarants.

There is an EZ mart gas station across the street and 3 restarants right there on the perimeter. Betty's across the street, open for breakfast and they make a great Farmers omlette real deal.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Macomb, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

We decided to stay at The Brown Trout/Boyne Falls because it is right next to the mountain. Did some skiing and had a great time. It was nice to come back to such a great place....
loved the main halls with tables to drink your morning cup of coffee, while taking in the views. Also, the community kitchen was awesome!!! It felt like a home away from home. Where else could you get the munchies at 2 a.m. and throw a pizza or some poppers in the oven. We will definitely be going back. If you plan to go to the area for some skiing, hunting or just to get away, I highly reccomend the Brown Trout\Boyne Falls. It doesn't get any better.

• Liked — kitchen, acess to ski area
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2008

We stayed at the Brown Trout Motel at the end of February. It was a beautiful weekend and from our room we could see Boyne Mountain and the skiers coming down the mountain.
The owners, Laura and Gary, are very knowledgeable of the area and were very helpful when it came to restaurants and shopping.
We have stayed at the Brown Trout several times and have brought friends and family to stay there also. We will definitely stay again in the near future.

KK, Canton

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
farmington hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2007

Susan Bergamo, Farmington Hills MI 9/21/07
Stayed in a room on the back side of the motel and what a view!
You can see Boyne mountain, a big pond, which have ducks and even a few swans, and big beautiful trees. Sitting outside Saturday afternoon was so peaceful. You don't even need to drive anywhere once you get there. There is a great restaurant across the street to eat at and next door there is a cute little bar that has a down home attmosphere. I spent the weekend there and when I got back I felt like I had just been to Tennessee for the weekend, except without the long drive. I recommend this motel to anyone who wants to get away and relax or ski in the day and have fun at night.

Stayed September 2007
Garden City, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2007

Everytime I come to Boyne Falls, I always stay at the Brown Trout Motel. The accomodations are great and I can bring my dog. The owners (Gary & Laura) treat me just like family and they are great with my dog. I highly recommend all families, friends and pets to stay at the Brown Trout.

Gloria - Garden City, MI

• Liked — Friendly and clean rooms
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Gloria-GardenCity
Belleville, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2007

A couple of my friends and I needed to get away for a few days to get "unstressed" after working everyday and dealing with family and personal issues. We decided to go to the Brown Trout Motel in Boyne Falls. It was a great experience. The owners Laura and Gary made us feel like family. We had nice clean, quiet rooms to stay in; a very good restaurant to dine at and even a local Pub where everyone was very friendly and service was great. All, I might add, at very affordable prices and within walking distance. The view of Boyne Mountain was wonderful and the Casino was only about 20 minutes away. Brown Trout Motel will be my motel choice when coming to Northern Michigan in the future. Linda - Belleville, Michigan

• Liked — Extremely Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — Rooms were small, but fine for 1 or two people.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2007

I stay at the motel for the first time in April. It was the opening of trout season and my fiances family go to the Boyne Falls area every year. We went for the first time with my parents. I booked a regular room with 2 double beds. The room for Friday and Saturday night was $64/night and that is pretty cheap to me. When we arrived we actually recieved a room with two double beds and each bed was in a seperate room. The rooms were a little small- but not bad. Its in a great area. Waling distance for 2 restaurants and a mini mart. We basically walked everyhwere to eat and stuff. It located by water and park. You can walk to both and fish or let your kids play.
The only downfall is there isn't much to do. You have to drive to Petosky or other close cities to really be entertained.
There is a indoor pool and hot tub at the motel. The pool was luke warm.. and the hot tub was pretty hot- however I could of had warmer. It was perfect. It's an older motel. But its comfortable to sleep and relax a little bit. I would stay there again!
Ohh also the owner of the motel is extremely nice, and she even told us we could check out 2 hours later is we wanted because it was the slow season.

Stayed April 2007
#8 of 15 in Petoskey
Boyne Mountain Resort
Boyne Mountain Resort
#1 of 4 in Boyne Falls

Been to Brown Trout & Falls Motels? Share your experiences!