“Boyne is the Best”

Boyne Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed June 28, 2007

This is a wonderful place to relax and have a pleasant family vacation with lots of things to do onsite, and nearby Petoskey. Had a family reunion, booked several rooms at the Mountain Grand resort and spa. Glad we didn't book the mountain villas or clocktower- looked depressing compared to the resort which had Avalanche Bay waterpark attached- couldn't get more convenient for family fun ($25.00/houseguest rate). Kids didn't want to leave the waterpark. A short drive up the mountain to a beautiful lake with activities like kayaking (freeee!!) I felt we were able to fit a lot into a 4 day stay. Onsite pool fantastic (indoor/out). Sunday arrival: room not ready yet...sat by pool, enjoyed a cocktail and a complementary chair massage. What a way to start vacation. Hotel fell all over themselves helping us with paper plates, utensils for our big reunion dinner in the suite. They know service-felt like we were on a cruise or something. The rooms were all fantastic, clean and most had balconies with views. Mom had the suite with separate bedroom (Cortina suite) full kitchen and 2 baths. Foldout sofa comfy with great pillows and down blanket. This is 5 star accomodations. Spent some time shopping the Petoskey area-no malls, just quaint shops and boutiques, resale, restaraunts. I cannot say enough about this stay except we'll be back!!!
Traveler tip: Contact hotel and ask for a copy of the room layouts. They have eight styles with several sub categories so you can choose the one that fits your family situation. This was an invaluable tool for us.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vegasdreamer

Reviewed February 18, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and just love it. The bell staff is great, the front desk is never so great but I don't care as long as I get what I paid for. They aren't even really that bad, just seem to not be happy doing what they are doing. They need to remember that they are on stage and need to pretend to love their jobs and make faces or act apathetic when they are behind the scenes. That is my only suggention. The rooms are fantastic. The whole resort is cool so I can't pick one thing that I like the most. If you can afford it, I do reccomend that you stay at the main lodge unless you get a cabin. It is really clean, the beds are super comfy and the decor is so cozy. The pool and hot tubs are nice and never too full. The ski prices are good, the food is excellent throughout. I sell for well known boutique hotel and have high expectations. This hotel really does it right, except for the front desk. Oh and if you have kids, the waterpark and game room look really cool.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WellTraveledCouple
Reviewed November 14, 2006

OK, we visited in the first week of November. It cost about 1,000 dollars for the room for 2 nights. We booked the 3 bedroom suite. All plasma TV's, Jacuzzi, Balconi, Fireplace, very beautiful. Had a fully equipped kitchen. The Beds/Pillows are to die for.

Checked in, went to our room, they had one bedroom locked off so we couldn't even get it. Doors were not even afixed to their hinges yet, and we found a mouse in our room....yes the mouse was the worst thing about the trip. I did recommend excellent on this review b/c I felt the management handled the situation great, and fixed the problem immediately. They upgraded our room. We did not have to pay for any of it, and they also called us back to stay on Thanksgiving week/end for free as well.

This is a great place, even if you don't ski. Its really beautiful, inside and out. The avalanche bay waterpark is one of the best in Michigan, indoors atleast. They have snack bar, tons of different things to do, arcade, etc...kids love it.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Oliviaethanowen
Reviewed January 27, 2006

Because it was the grand opening, we managed to get a great deal on a room at Boyne Mountain Resort in July 2005. For $225 for the weekend, my boyfriend, his daughter, and I got 3 days, 2 nights in an above-average room in the Eidleweiss Inn plus free buffet breakfast and passes for both days to the Indoor Waterpark. I'm not sure what the resort charges now, but I would bet it's gone up in price.
We had a great time during our visit and would recommend it to anyone. We have plans to visit again soon in the wintertime when their ski resort opens.

2  Thank jetskiwr
Reviewed October 25, 2005

My family and I visited Boyne Falls recently and had a wonderful time. The leaves were superb, the weather was just what we wanted [nice and cool, a break from our southern swelter].

When in the area, don't miss stopping in at the Boyne Bakery, one block off the "main drag"; great home-made bakery... lots of variety and very friendly service from the baker.

We can't wait to return to thte area.

5  Thank John S
Reviewed July 29, 2005

We stayed at The Mountain Grand Lodge it is wonderful. Just opened in May 2005. The accommodations are great, large and comfortable. We stayed in the St. Anton 2 bedroom suite very large with three full bathrooms. I also went to the Solace Spa very good service. Avalanche Bay Indoor Water park was fun too. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the summer to beat the heat this is it. The dinners at Deer Lake at the best.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank Stan D
Reviewed January 10, 2005

We stayed over the christmas holiday and had a great time, service was fine. They had sleigh rides that were really fun. Looking forward to the new lodge and to use the huge indoor waterpark this summer. Construction has really come a long way!

1  Thank Crafty
#2 of 15 in Petoskey
Boyne Highlands Resort
Boyne Highlands Resort
#2 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Boyne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!