“What a dump”

Boyne Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are staying in the Clock Tower for one night. For $183.00+ tax, I'm amazed at how outdated & shabby the room is. On the upside they were very accommodating with a late checkout. Last time we were here, we stayed in another building that was not the main lodge & also a a throwback to the 70's.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia S
There are newer reviews for Boyne Mountain Resort

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of July 2012 for two nights. The resort was nice and waterpark great for our kids.

Our room was the lowest price one we could book for our family of 4 and was located in the clock tower building. The room was a bit dirty and worn down. Plus it (room 209) was located right next to a pub which was thankfully not open during our stay. The air conditioning wouldn't lower the temperature below 80 degrees except at night.

Also had a issue trying to get seated at the only family like restaurant they had open at the time due to lack of workers. The other two were pubs and not good for kids. We finally got seated after asking the front desk for take out options in the area.

The staff were mostly all friendly at the resort. Overall a nice place. Possibly rooms are better in main building. The resort might not be managed well based on our experience though.

I would think twice about staying in the cheaper rooms again, but would definitely take kids to water park if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank spoonman_1
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The property may once have been a resort but it does not deserve such a designation.
General upkeep is poor, hallways are dirty and it needs at least one coat of pain almost everywhere. TV's are from the 70's and cable is strung on the floor near the window. Hazzard.

Room Tip: If your are not in the main building, go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank fojtrip
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The service and people are outstanding. Everybody went out of their way to help. The rooms we stayed in were from the 70s and needed major updating. They were very clean and had no noticable smell. Bathroom was small.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great place to stay and take the kids. The indoor water park is fun and there is also an outside pool and hot tubs. There is zip lining for a charge , but also free hayrides, chairlift rides, volleyball, and s'mores. There is also free storytime with cookies and milk. You can also play golf, tennis, and go on bike trails. Lots to do, we will come again. Get there early to do as many activities as possible as most are done by 8 or 9 pm.

Room Tip: Stay in the newest section - the large main lodge. It's more expensive but you are right by the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Renea718
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Not sure when the renovation took place but the new paint makes a huge difference. The decorated the room nicely. The design crew matched things together like the faucets mirrors etc and was done very well.
However the walls are still paper thin. The guy in the room next to me sneezed, I said bless you and we both had a good laugh.
Beds were nice although next time I will bring my own pillow as these were too fluffy for me.

Room Tip: Aim for the main mountain lodge. If you can go with a king bed do so because those rooms hgenerally...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Daryl H
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Myself, my adult daughter and my 4 year old grandson took a mini vacation to Boyne Mountain Resort because of the Avalanche Bay June special. The advertisement stated accomodations in the adjoining Grand Mountain Lodge, 4 free arcade tickets and access to Avalanche Bay at 4:00 p.m. day of arrival and all day the following day. The cost for this special is $181 per night. I called and booked our package on the 12'th of June for the following 15'th. I was quoted $203 with taxes and told I had a room with 2 queen beds and given a confirmation number.
When we arrived, we were directed to the Clock Tower area. The place looked deserted and we had to ask an employee if this is were we were supposed to be. The employee said she would check it out because they don't usually use this building.
When we entered the building, it was dark and dingy and had a musty odour. After waiting at least a half hour to be served (there were gentlemen there that had their golf reservation messed up and this took quite some time to straighten out) we were told that we should have been aware of where our accomodation were because it was stated in the confirmation email. I told them that I didn't even open the email because I already had a confirmation number. I had them look on their website and showed them where it specifically states accomodation in adjoining Grand Mountain Lodge. After many I'm sorrys but this is were you are staying and if I wanted an upgrade it would cost an additional $53 plus tax, I asked to speak with the manager. The manager read the advertisment and stated that in fine print it does state accomodation in Clock Tower area but since there was a misunderstanding they would honour the price quoted and they would give us a room in the Grand Mountain Lodge.
I was happy with this arrangement until I received my receipt and there was an extra $12 charge. There were 2 charges put on my credit card. One was the original price quoted and the other was and additional charge.
The room they booked us in was beautiful. And we did have fun at the waterpark. The scenery was also beautiful.
I don't agree that they should treat people differently because they book using a online special.
I reread the special and had my daughter read the special. Nowhere is it written that accomodation are in the Clock Tower area.
The way it is written, this so called ``special`` is false advertising.

Room Tip: If booking a special, make sure you receive what the advertisement offers.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#8 of 15 in Petoskey
Boyne Highlands Resort
Boyne Highlands Resort
#2 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Boyne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!