“Scrumptious!!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Boyne City
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mexican and Latin American specialties created using only the finest ingredients, served in a festive setting. We feature the largest selection of Tequila in the North and Michigan's best Margaritas! - Located in Boyne City and Traverse City -
Decatur, Illinois
“Scrumptious!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

After a long day at the water park, any food would have been good. But I was not expecting the wonderful dinner that met me at the Red Mesa. Cuban black bean cakes! with jalapeno creme! and fresh corn salsa! Thank goodness I ordered the appetizer size, or I would have eaten all night. Perfect is not a good enough description for my dinner. I think the service was good, I think my family enjoyed their food. I just know I was transported to another place...the heaven of food. I would certainly return for more!!

• Visited July 2011

leroy
“Will Fill You Up”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very good Mexican cuisine. Offers a basket full of various hot sauces. Waiter was attentive and friendly. Would eat there again. A trifle overpriced, but not overly so.

• Visited September 2011
Northville
“Great food...and a gluten free menu!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Red Mesa is one of the few restaurants that really knows how to do gluten free cooking. They will custom make whatever is possible without gluten, and it's still delicious.
The ambiance is great, with lively colors, lighting that is bright enough to see the menu, and low enough to be relaxing. Their drinks are unique and thirst quenching...great with the type of food that they serve.
The entrees are enough for a hearty appetite...or you can order an appetizer and still take some home if you're a light eater. The presentation is excellent and the food is fresh. Family friendly, even for young kids.
A thoroughly enjoyable experience on a beautiful Friday evening!

• Visited September 2011
Northern Michigan
“Great spot to stuff your face!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Friday night we were hungry! The Red Mesa got us in at 6:30 with immediate seating. Waitress came by and promptly took our drink order and brought chips and salsa. 15-20 minutes later we were eating our meal. Food was great and the waitstaff was hustling. I would definitely go back.

East Coast USA
“Ok with opportunities to improve”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Tortilla soup was only standout, it was hot, well seasoned, full of chicken and very homemade tasting. Quesadilla was uninteresting and pork burrito was bland and just a ton of meat stuffed in a tortilla, lukewarm. Rather icky. Several service mix ups. Just overall really inconsistent and could improve.