“Delicious sandwiches!”
Review of Lake Street Market

Lake Street Market
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Boyne City
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Description: We are a deli and specialty food market in Boyne City, Michigan. Like the tagline says, we're about good things to eat and drink. Made by hand whenever feasible, made with passion always--whether we're making it ourselves or buying it from a producer we admire. Lake Street Market features gourmet sandwiches and soups, a variety of salads, great pizza, handcut steaks, artisanal cheeses, unique wines and microbrews, handmade bagels and scones, cook's ingredients, cutting boards from Michigan Maple Block, gift baskets and catering. We are open year-round. Please find us on facebook or visit our website for up-to-date information on our menu and daily additions!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I normally eat here 1-2 times when we are in Boyne City. The sandwiches are unique & tasty but sometimes the wait times seem a bit long. We have called ahead & still had to wait. During the last visit I picked up sandwiches to bring to a friend & they forgot the meat on the sandwich. I was a bit surprised when I went back a few days later to pick up sandwiches again that when I mentioned it they apologized but didn't offer half off my current sandwich or even throw in a bag of chips. It won't stop me from eating there but normally I think this place has great customer service. I have tried many of the sandwiches but can't pick a favorite - they have all been excellent!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

You can call ahead for pick up 30 minutes in advance and yet when you show up to pick it up they still haven't started making it yet (even if there are no other orders). The owner is short and terse and every other time I've been there she is on the phone having an argument with a vendor. There are other nicer places for lunch in town. I'm forced to give them a "poor" rating rather than "terrible" because the sandwiches are tasty (when you finally get them.)

2  Thank Snowwman
Liz G, Owner at Lake Street Market, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Lake Street Market. Please know that we pay very close attention to the feedback we get from customers and that the issues you raise are being addressed. While our overall ratings on TripAdvisor are extremely good (readers, please scroll down!), there is no denying that speed is the one thing that gets brought up more often than we'd like. We are working very hard to streamline the process. As for the owner's terseness, I can only apologize and promise to do better.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

If you find yourself near Boyne City, you must stop for a sandwich. It is more of a carry out restaurant. In the summer, there are a few outdoor tables. It might be helpful to call in your order because every sandwich is made to order! This is a gem!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and for visiting in the winter too! Not everyone realizes we are open year-round.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the best sub shop in Boyne City.
The choices were almost endless.
They had a bakery as well.
The soda offered was made in Michigan and tasted great!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is by far the best sandwich place in Boyne city....to say the owners are cool and electic would be a understatement. Plus they have a small selection of fish and beef which we have prepared at home several times. Wine and craft beer sales even a bakery that my daughter thinks is tops