“Color Train Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Sante

Cafe Sante
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Boyne City
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cadillac, Michigan
“Color Train Destination”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I can see why Café Sante is number one on this list. We had lunch here on a stop on a color train ride. The service was very good, the food was wonderful.
Even though it was cool outside, the cafe's enclosed heated porch was warm. The view of the lake was very nice.
I had the wood oven baked mushroom pizza, and my husband had the hanger steak, we were both pleased with our choice.
I would recommend this place the next time you are in Boyne City.

• Visited October 2013

Milton, Canada
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We visited Boyne City for the first time on Monday and we were pleasantly surprised when lunching at Cafe Sante. The service was great...prompt, very friendly and informative. My husband and I both ordered the whitefish and with the wine suggestion and dessert, it was the nicest meal during our four day trip away. The view of the lake also makes the setting perfect. Highly recommended!

Orlando, Florida
“Mussel Beach in Boyne City”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

For those in the beautiful north-woods of Michigan, enjoy a lakeside delight in small town Boyne City and an unusually creative European experince at Cafe Sante. Open now since 1997, Sante and its sister restaurant in Boyne, Red Mesa Grill continue to impress me with each visit "up north". My favorite dish are their mussels served all you can eat on Thursday, which makes leaving work a day early all the more inviting. Don't forget to try their James Bond Vesper Martini..I know a good one when I taste it ...

Tumwater, Washington
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I met with a good friend, mom and aunt for a really delicious lunch. The menu was varied, and we were able to order breakfast or lunch.
I had the smoked beef grinder- it was amazing! The beef was tender and well seasoned and the bread was grilled to perfection. The onion jam inside was really good, too.
My mom had the quiche, which came with a berry compote. The slice of quiche was a decent portion, and cooked perfectly (the eggs were not over or under cooked) and the fresh berry compote was a treat.
The others at the table had the apple french toast- the apples sautéd meltingly tangy. The real Michigan maple syrup was brought to the table in a cute little flask and was still warm at the end of the meal.
There was seating outside, which would have been great earlier in the season, but, just too chilly for our visit. The decor is a little bit dark for my taste, but the food quickly makes you overlook this issue.
There were many other dishes that looked awesome- I can't wait to return to Boyne City to try the restaurant again!

London
“European Cuisine in Paradise”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Beautiful Blues Music, Quirky Décor, and a panoramic view are only the beginning at this surprise
location. European Cuisine, a menu changed regularly and attentive, excellent service round out
a very pleasant dining experience. Presentation and taste in a variety of well thought out and
exquisitely prepared frites, salads, entrees and desserts make this restaurant a must visit for locals and tourists. C'etais une experience gastronique!