“We go for the beer!”

Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you love beer from around the world, definitely stop here. No matter who I'm visiting Boyne with, I always stop by Cafe Sante for at least a beer or two. Their dinner is incredible, but their breakfast is somehow even better. I love walking to Cafe Sante for a Quiche Lorraine and Lilosa on a Saturday. Great atmosphere and they also provide great live music on weekends!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been here several times in the past year. It's a very popular restaurant and bar in a busy lakefront location. But, the food is always mediocre. For instance, the charcuterie served last week had two awesome pate's and a great duck sausage. But, the salami slices were straight from Gordon's Foods plastic packages and the veggies were slimey. Same with the whitefish I had last time - great fish prep, but the sides were tasteless. In short: a bigger plate of food, with low end add-ons, does not a memorable meal make.

1  Thank Donna144
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Planned a stop here for lunch during a fall color tour, and are we ever glad we did! I love mussels, and the mussels and belgian fries were great - happened to be there on Thurs, which is 'all you can eat mussels', so I tried the French, and the Belgian. Belgian were my fav, but both good. And of course, they were served with some nice artisan bread. Hubby had smoked salmon salad which he thought was great. View is marvelous, so great place to stop! (PS look on the web for the Breezeway fall color tour maps for some nice driving).

Reviewed October 2, 2012

There are almost too many great things to say about Sante. First of all Chef Kyle's food is the way it should be. Simple, traditional and flavorful. The menu is large and yet somehow small with the right amount of selections in each catagory. The food is TERRIFIC. And I just love the breakfast till 3 pm option. The service is crisp without being overbearing. The dining room is someting straight out of Belgium or France. Trust me I lived there. It is a wonderful room. This restaurant passes my "could this place be sucessful in New York or LA" test. It would by a mile. Do yourself a favor and find your way here.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

That phrase was what John our waiter used several times this evening. With only two months on the job he was right on on guiding us with several of our selections, and we felt he genuinely cared.
This was our third visit while traveling north and have found consistent high quality of service and food. Variety of choice is just right in the mix of French, Itailian, and American. This is definitely not pub grub, but you have more selection in beers than found at most brewreys or pubs.