“Best kept secret in northern Michigan”
Review of Cafe Sante

Cafe Sante
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Boyne City
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

One would never anticipate a restaurant of this excellence in a small town in Michigan! The first impression is that of a cafe in Paris or Quebec City. Beautiful relaxing decor with a host of wonderful staff to assist you at every turn. The menu is so unusual and creative it's dificult to select one item. We elected to have lunch on the patio, right next to a fire pit, and overlooking beautiful Lake Charlevois, at the town docks. To select one item from the menu is difficult so the 5 of us each picked a different entree. We then shared a tiny amount of each of our meals. Everything was so good and prepared to perfection. Each plate was an individual spectacular display. We can't wait to return and we highly recommens Cafe Sante for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband, daughter and I were spending a week in Northwest Michigan and were interested in going to a unique restaurant in the area when I came across Cafe Sante. We really missed the French-style bistro we used to frequent when we lived in Oxford, UK for 3 years, so the idea of an European-style bistro in a scenic locale really appealed to us. We were not disappointed. The view from the huge back windows takes in the sparkling waters of Lake Charlevoix and the overall feel of the restaurant is cozy, with convivial tables and secluded booths accented by dark wood and unique touches. We decided to sample the French-style mussels for a starter. For our main entrees I had the Steak au Poivre, my daughter had Boeuf Bourguignon and my husband the Veal Marsala - all were delicious! The culinary staff really seemed to understand the importance of the sauce for the success of each of these dishes. Outstanding flavor! The wine list looked very good so I ordered a half carafe of Cote du Rhone shared with my husband to go with our meals. By this time we were fit to bursting, but could not resist trying dessert so we sampled the Tarte Tatin (best anywhere!), Creme caramel and Chocolate hazelnut cake and expertly-made Cafe Latte. We saw many menu items that we want to go back again to try at some future date. It doesn't look like you can go wrong at Cafe Sante.