“Overrated and overpriced”
Review of Eddie Merlot’s

Eddie Merlot’s
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The skinny punk from the valet is lucky to be alive. As my husband pulled into an unreserved parking place during a downpour - it had the audacity to say - "We usually reserve that place for bentleys- So we will expect to be taken care of." After relaying this outrageous comment to the barely 20 something head valet - we received a barely there apology. And from there it continued downhill. No holds barred - the place is ugly. My New York sirloin was chewy and the asparagus were cold. And to end the night we choked down our tepid cappuccinos whilst laughing at the outlandish clientele. Overpriced and overrated.

2 Thank zwischen

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Four of us came here to splurge on my birthday dinner. Prices are sky high, but I thought, oh well, this must really be an excellent steakhouse. Ordered the Chateaubriand for 2 at a cool $79. Soup and salads were tasty and large, so far so good. Ambiance was good, it was busy although a bit loud. Anticipation was building as I thought this would be the best meal I've had in a long time, but no such luck. The chateau was cooked correctly (med), and it was tender, but not very flavorful at all and very dry, not juicy. What a let down. A $10 NY strip on my gas grill would've been better. I asked for some zip sauce to give it more flavor, but that was just a quick fix. I told the waiter that I was disappointed, he said he would mention it to a manager, but no one ever came to the table. The girls said their fish was excellent, but being a high end steak house I think my meal should've been outstanding and it wasn't close. I talked to a manager on the way out, he gave me a card for a free appetizer on my next visit, but it was too little too late. I won't be returning.

2 Thank tageo
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Beware of wine vintages”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

They seem to have issues with wine vintages at this new establishment. The wine list states a 2008 vintage; however, the waiter brings a 2010 vintage and does not mention the change to you. When we mentioned the fact to him and asked to change to another wine the same thing happened. It happened 4 times! Then the manager arrived to tell us that it was a normal occurrence and to basically "get over it". Needless to say it was not a pleasant nor, as far as we were concerned, ethical experience. If you do not drink wine, Eddie Merlot's food is quite good. My crab cake was a ittle dry, but my bone in filet was excellent. The cream corn was very good. I must rate them a zero on their wine list, a below average on service, but give them a four on their food, which averages out to a less than expected experience for the price.

• Visited July 2013
“Truly wanted to love this neighborhood place..”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Unfortunately, our first experience did not live up to expectations. The noise level is really a deal-breaker for us. The lounge/bar area is excessively noisy and even though we were seated in the quietest room, according to management, we still had trouble hearing our table conversation. The place itself is gorgeous, clearly a big $$ investment, but it did not translate to the excellent food we expected especially at the prices charged. My husband and his business colleague had the 22 oz. Rib Eyes at $59 each -- hubbie's steak was totally charred on the outside -- lots of gristle on the inside. Roasted cauliflower was rubbery -- that was kindly taken off our bill. My salmon was excellent but had to be sent back because the middle was not cooked even though I ordered it well done. Good points: best thing we had was the Sweet Potato Casserole which is almost a dessert. Also, our server, DeShaun, was excellent. We may try it again in the future but for now we will return to our favorite -- The Capitol Grille...'nuff said.

• Visited June 2013
DETROIT
“Best Steakhouse in Oakland County”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Second visit and this time more amazing than the first. This time had the New Orleans Mixed Grill that included a Steak Filet, Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Mashed Potatoes and a Caesar Salad which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. For desert had the Chocolate Carmel Cake with Ice Cream that doesnt need a rating, just think about it.