“Excellent food, friendly service, great vibe”
Review of Fox Grill - CLOSED

Fox Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at the corner of Long Lake and Woodward. Join us for HAPPY HOUR 3pm - 6pm Monday - FridayStop in for lunch or dinner. Extensive wine list. Upscale Bar and Grill with a casual atmosphere. Known as the gathering place for the local business community and their friends and families.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Love Love this place - The menu is diverse and offers deliciously creative options for appetizers and entrees. Casually sophisitcated decor and excellent service - I often bring out-of- towners here and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I live fairly close to the Fox Grill. We had heard some good things about it. When we received some coupons, we decided to try it. The coupon we received had three options, including buy one dinner get one dinner free on Sunday only. I called the restaurant on Saturday (after checking their menu on line) to verify the coupon meant that if we ordered one entree item, the second entree item of equal or lesser cost would be free and the person who answered the phone verified that to me. The also told me that we would not need a reservation.

We went the next night. We were seated in an almost empty restaurant (the need for marketing became obvious) and placed our order. We both ordered bone-in rib eye steaks with the accompaniments. While we were enjoying our soup and salad, we were informed that they had no bone-in rib eye steaks. We switched our order to filets. My wife's Filet was better than mine, neither was anything to write home about. We asked for our check and when it came the second entree was not free (they had deducted $15.00 off our bill, about half the cost of the filet). I asked the waitress about this and she brought the coupon back to the table and explained that there was a limitation to the cost of the entrees that would be free of $15.00. The problem was that this was explained in print so small you would need a large powerful magnifying glass to read this. I did not argue and I even tipped the waitress 20% of the bill undiscounted as the service was good. This was not her fault.

To top everything off, I went to the restaurant's website and sent them an email on August 12, 2013 and to date, one week later, I have had no response. Either they do not care about customer satisfaction or they ignore emails generated by their own website.

Needless to say we will not be back

enjoysfinefreshfood, Owner at Fox Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

All of us at The Fox Grill are dedicated to providing the utmost in food and service. We fully understand that our reputation has to be earned each and every day and with every meal served. That said, we did provide you a premium meal that was discounted as stated on the coupon. It is unfortunate that it was not made clear to you and you misunderstood the offer. We hope as a neighbor in the area that you will give us another try.

Chef Jimmy

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The place was almost empty and still the service was glacially slow. The food was mediocre at best.

They should reinvent themselves with new management, a new chief and new waiter.

Oh well, a lesson well learned by us, hopefully by them as well

People such as you, who take the time to share their comments, are valuable to us. BUT only when you offer comments that relate to something specific and helpful.

All of us at The Fox Grill are dedicated to providing quality food and service. We fully understand that our reputation has to be earned each and every day and with every meal served. We pay close attention to what our guests have to say in the dining room and online. That said, I would appreciate the opportunity to meet you and better understand your comments on our business.

Please stop in and ask for me.

Respectfully, Chef Jimmy

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We initially tried the Fox soon after it opened and really liked it -- located about 5 minutes from our home -- and really wanted to make it our local hangout. Unfortunately, although the food is very good, the acoustics are terrible. We had heard this from many of our friends who had previously been there and, alas, they were correct. If there are a number of people at the bar and they've had a few drinks, the noise level grows exponentially to an uproar. This effectively makes conversation at the tables almost non-existent. We tried it again today in the hope that they had addressed this issue -- to no avail. The food was very good and our server, Stacy, did an excellent job. However, three ladies at the bar who'd obviously been there for a while talked and laughed so loudly that we had difficulty hearing each other. What a shame that nothing has been done about the noise level.

Please understand the "The sound issue" has been of great concern to us at the FOX GRILL and me personally as the Chef .

We have been working on this for the past year and are happy to say we have just completed the second phase of the "acoustic reengineering" in the bar area. We look forward to you coming back and noticing the change.

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Respectfully, Chef Jimmy

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love this place nice atmosphere , wonderful service, great wine selection! New items on menu which are amazing!!