“Great Seafood ..”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Woodward
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very good service .. and even a better selection of FRESH seafood .. and that can be a bit of $$$ .. but it's also well worth it !!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Good service both in the bar and the restaurant. If you like fresh fish without a lot of sauces to mask the flavor, be sure to ask for the freshest on hand. I love sea bass, but a simply sautéed filet in butter, could not hide the time out of the water. No wonder they push some kind of Asian topping. After immediately replacing it with halibut, the meal was delicious.

Lobster bisque, fresh asparagus, mashed potatoes, and crime brûlée made for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great place for lunch or dinner. Reservations needed. Seafood is wonderful. Very fresh. Fish is great blackened or broiled. Good bread and desserts as well. Wine list available.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Typically good but had strange experience. Food seemed to be presented a little sloppy. We had a party of 6. 2 of us ordered the same dish (Americana something), and plates were very different. One plate was full of sauce, the other had almost none. We were all laughing. Yes the waitress asked if we wanted to return and we said no. But really, how did this happen?

Then I watched an older lady swepping the floor and I thought she was going to hit the customers in the head with the end of the broom stick. Never did but came a little close.

I liked this place in the past but tonight was just stange. I felt like their cooks came from Applebees and learning on the fly. I will come back but they have a strike 1 with me.

1  Thank ComebackShane
Reviewed March 2, 2013

So much to choose from, I like to feast on the appetizers. Great place for couples. Bar area is great for happy hour and bartenders are very friendly. Definitely get reservations for main room on weekends.