“Always Great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Woodward
birmingham, mi
“Always Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

The food is always very good. The prices are very fair compared to some of the other steak houses near by. I know this is a fish place and not a steak house but the steaks here are alway excellent and they do not gauge you to add lobster tail to your steak. Some of my favorite things here are the off the menu selections that they will galdy prepare if you request. The first is a cheese burger with sweet potatoe fries, yes that's right maybe one of my favorite burgers and then follow it with a chocolate milkshake also off the menu.

• Visited October 2011

Asheville, North Carolina
“Good, but not the best seafood in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Mitchell's Fish Market is a good, relatively high-end seafood restaurant, and though I've never had bad food here, or bad service, if I was spending a lot of money on dinner, there are better seafood restaurants in my book (Ocean Prime in the area, or Oceanaire Seafood Room in Indianapolis). I've never been overwhelmed with my meal, but I've never left unsatisfied or happy. If you're looking to break the bank on dinner, you can't go wrong here, though know there are better options out there.

• Visited April 2011
“Absolutely excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I went there with my family for a graduation send off. The food was amazing and the service was by far the best I've ever had. My family goes out for dinner a lot and this place tops them all. The atmosphere was perfect; not too stuffy feeling and not too loud. The pecan encrusted whitefish was my favorite. It tasted like Christmas!!!

Cleveland Ohio
“Interesting Menu Selections, Great Service, Good Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a first class restaurant offering fresh fish from around the world. Its not often you get wild salmon these days. Just about everywhere you go, even the most exclusive locations serve farm raised salmon for a variety of reasons. Not here, wild sockeye salmon cooked to perfection. The lady who waited on us knew her menu, made worthwhile suggestions and delivered the various parts of our meal in a timely fashion. We started our meal with salads. I had the Cesear, my collegue had the mozzerella and tomato. The portions were large. One salad would have served both of us. quality was excellent. We each had a mixed drink. Gin and Tonic for me and some kind of house special drink with basil leaves which sounds bizzarr but it was actually pretty good. Kind of like a Mojito with Basil. For desert we enjoyed a tart, creamy piece of key lime pie. I would return to this place, a good selection.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
“Food, Service & Ambiance - It's All Good1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Mitchell's is a chain restaurant & I've eaten at the Birmingham location about a dozen times since it opened. It's dining room is spacious with floor to ceiling windows on two sides. Because of its size it is a little less noisy than many Birmingham restaurants. The menu is varied and it is easy to put together small plates if you don't want an expensive entree. It's bar, of good size and separate from the dining room, is cozy and inviting. The bar may still offer Happy Hour specials; call and check.
Truthfully, I've done business lunches here, family dinners and just meals with my spouse and never been overly impressed. It was all just adequate. I'd not been in for a year or so and wasn't prepared for much when I met a large group for lunch there this week. What a nice surprise! Our server was professional and hit the mark with attentiveness. We were never rushed, even though we took some time with drinks and menus. Entrees were delivered to all simultaneously - each hot, well presented and smelling delicious. I ordered a dish I had ordered before, but this time it was a much larger, much tastier portion. Very impressive change. I'll be back soon.
Tip -- if you want to skip the valet, there is a city lot just across the street. from the restaurant's front door. The first and second hours of parking at all city lots in Birmingham is free, then the fee is $1.00 per hour.

• Visited July 2011