“Great Food.”
Review of Whistle Stop

Whistle Stop
Ranked #32 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Love going here for weekend breakfast. I would reccomend their chicken noodle soup and burgers. breakfast asking.

1  Thank DickJefferson

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our son LOVES their chocolate chip pancakes-it is the only place that makes them perfectly. The service is fast and friendly. Whistle Stop is a family favorite for breakfast at any time of the day!

Reviewed April 29, 2011

If one can get past the dated decor, and enjoy the affable waitresses ready to refill one's cup of coffee with a smile, then you will love this place.

The food is delicious, made to order quickly and served with generous portions. There is a specialty of French toast cinnamon rolls. I have not tried it, as I am pretty sure it is full of calories, but I was jealous when I saw other people eating theirs with smiles on their faces.

They also make homemade pies and those I have tried.

I have also had lunch and have not been disappointed; I think they serve dinner, but I am not certain, so call if you want to try to get a home made meal.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

Every town should have a restaurant like the Whistle Stop. Good food, plenty of it and a family like experience. Breakfast all day is worth the journey. Lunch and now Dinner when you just want a simple, but great meal. The sort of place to go when you grow tired of pretentious.

1  Thank wegoodell
Reviewed September 29, 2008

This is a local favorite of mine. My kids and myself get breakfast or dessert here more than anything else. This is the type of place that has a lot of regulars. The staff is very friendly, know me by name.. and for some this is a negative, but I can get up and get my own drink refill, napkins, etc- It's like home. The staff is sometimes not really on top of coffee, depending on the day- but I don't mind helping myself to refills. Some of the waitresses REALLY get to know thier customers, sit down with you and talk to you. The owner, Matt, is very friendly also.

This is a place that is not ritzy at all inside or out- but has great food and a personable staff and I feel at home here. I have sat next to high profile athletes and construction workers in one visit. It's a great neighborhood establishment-

The ONLY gripe that I have is that they should have fruit salad on the menu - for the kids, but also for everyone.