“Yummy food and good service”
Review of Pita Cafe

Ranked #47 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Yummy food and good service”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stopped in after a trip to the zoo, and were pleasantly surprised by the delicious abundant food. The pita bread was absolutely scrumptious, though I would have liked hummus served with it, rather than butter and margarine.

We ordered a falafel plate, a couple of wraps, and lentil soup. All were quite filling and tasty. The waiter was very attentive and friendly. If I lived closer, I'd go back.

• Visited July 2013

“Worst shawarma ever”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had entree lamb and chicken shawarma and was very terrible. Lamb was worst than a chewing gum, very hard no taste at all. Not sure about other dishes, salad could have been better!!! Do not order any thing from this place!!!! It ruined my like for shawarmas!!!

• Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“My favorite place for mediterranean”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Pita cafe's a great place to pop in and get great food that will stick to your ribs. Also comfortabe friendly warm family atmosphere.The guys are so friendly, they know my voice on the phone for take out without me saying my name! The crushed lentil soup is heavenly. I love the shish tawook and garlic sauce sandwich for a quick bite. The shish tawook dinner is enough almost for two days, so good! I love the shrimp galaba, order it in , you get more and the sauce is so tasty. also, you can get a whole small bag of hot fresh bread right out of the oven for only one dollar!! I have been going here for like 12 years!! I recommend it!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jenn W
Birmingham, Michigan
“Good food, good prices.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Lentil or lemon rice soup plus a chicken shwarma sandwich can't be beat. Anything lamb will also do the trick, except, maybe, for the lamb tongues (if they're still on the menu) because they taste too much like calves liver.

Visited December 2012
“Love this place!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Love this place! Been going for years! Love the garlic spread, bees is always delish! Love their sandwich wraps, you can never go wrong with a wrap there!