“Delicious and wholesome”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 19, 2018

This place is a fun trip for a breakfast/brunch outing with friends or family. Certainly a neat vibe for kids. Lots of unique "old world" menu items like their big apple crisp thing and their oven baked omelettes. Blueberry pancakes are some of my favorite anywhere! Prices are reasonable towards a little pricey for breakfast, but food is certainly delightful enough to warrant it. Our only major gripe is that it is almost always packed to the brim, and you're stuffed in pretty tight for most seats. Likewise, service can be a bust; usually pretty good, but we've had more than one experience where it was clear the server had no idea what was going on, and one time they forgot to enter our order entirely. I think both complaints can be boiled down to: it can be a very, very slow process to get your pancakes in your face, particularly if you're hangry!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I just came from having pancakes and I had a very sub par experience. Sausages were cold, eggs lukewarm, server Kelli had a weird attitude and she let me know or corrected me when I mentioned what I thought she said. Kelli, never correct the customer in a rude manner. I got the feeling that we were not important to her. Well ....it really showed even though she tried to fix it, it was too late.
She got the order wrong twice and I had to ask twice for cream for my coffee. And then to top it all off....
The bus boy or man had his butt crack showing!!!!
Poor quality this time pancake house. However I think I'll be back cause I do love their pancakes...just not a few particulars... poor servers that deliver cold food. I wish the kitchen staff and servers would be more conscientious to deliver hot food instead of food that may have been laying around cooling off.
Pancake house please do better.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

My fiance raved about how good The Original House of Pancakes in Birmingham was. I didn't have the same sentiments. My omelet was disgusting and it was overcooked. I don't have a desire to go back. But the wait staff was really nice.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Long Waits, Sub par food. This place just isn't what it used to be. Hostess was terrible. I wont be back.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on Sunday afternoon. I was surprised the wait wasn't too long given the time we went. There are a good number of gluten free options.

Great service and food. Tables are very close together though.

1  Thank Linnea B