“Noisy but food was very good”

Social Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Social Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodward
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Noisy but food was very good”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night in the covered outdoor space. It was much noisier inside the main area. This was our first visit. I had my first Kale salad and loved it. The Brussels sprouts were excellent. My husband had the spaghetti, which he enjoyed. Our friends shared the brick chicken. Good wine by the glass selections. I thought the menu was varied, with many good selections. I did not think the pricing was out of line for the area. I will return -- hopefully when warm weather makes it's way here. The outdoor areas (roof and via) look very inviting!

Birmingham
“great for any meal!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

great location, right in the middle of downtown Birmingham amongst all of the shops. parking can be tough - but there are two parking structures within a blo0ck.
Lunch or Dinner - don't miss the crispy Brussels sprouts...yummy! they are served in a brown paper bag...it's like eating veggie popcorn! Great salads too. The kale salad is wonderful!! Breakfast/brunch is tasty too. Menu items like chicken and waffles, hash, the sticky buns are gooey and very good! Indoor and outdoor seating; with heaters in the winter. Up top during the summer they have a cool little patio area overlooking the street.

• Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Good but not great”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Don't get me wrong the food is great but its over priced and not a fan of the atmosphere. Not on my top 5 places in Birmingham.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank bdmaake
Bingham Farms, Michigan
“Nice presentation of food.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I loved the nice variety of appetizers and entrées available. The place is very open so it is a little hard to hold a conversation but the environment is pleasant otherwise.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was told there was lots of buzz about this place...so I was excited to try it out. My friend had made a reservation on Open Table...& somehow it had not been received by the restaurant. Luckily on Monday evening the place was not busy and there were plenty of available tables. I told the hostess that we were a party of three and asked if the "one" not with us had arrived. I was told we were the first and we were seated at a table where I could watch the door. 25 minutes later that same hostess came back and said she thought she had seated a single woman in the other room. Well, she had...and it had been before we arrived. I told our waiter we were not pleased with this and I also told him I was an active trip advisor reviewer. He sheepishly smiled. I'm guessing perhaps he doesn't know what trip advisor is. We were never offered a complimentary drink or dessert...which might have made up for the time we were waiting for our friend.
The decor is nice. And this place brings appetizers in paper bags to the table. The presentation is cute. But since most of the things we ordered were greasy....the bags looked greasy too. The corn bread was oily. The fried Brussel Sprout starter had good flavor but was also way too greasy. The bright light was the kale salad I ordered. This WAS imaginative and tasty. The Mushroom side I ordered was again tasty, but too oily.
I would not eat here again.

Visited December 2013