Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Frankenmuth Motel(Frankenmuth)
Bavarian Inn Lodge(Frankenmuth)
View Hotel
All reviewsbagelsroom was cleangreat valuecontinental breakfastoutlet mallfridge and microwavestaff was friendlyno elevatorvalue for the moneyplace to staysecond floorcold cereallocation was perfectbirch run outletsoff the highwaycoffee makerqueen room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I see a lot of really negative comments about this hotel and I completely disagree. It is the cheapest hotel in that area first of all, so you can't really expect the ritz carlton. I thought the rooms were very clean and the staff was very kind. The free breakfast and wifi were a bonus. We paid $80 for the night and had a queen bed. I will say the bed wasn't the most comfortable but again. I knew going into staying here that we may have a few pitfalls...the hotel beside and the hotel across the street were both over $150 a night. I am glad I decided to stay here. We were only going shopping at the outlets...we weren't going for a romantic evening away. If that was the case we probably would stay some place else. But most people that come to Birch Run are here for the outlet centre. Is it really necessary to spend 150 on a room for one night when you are spending all that money at the oulets? Save you money, stay here and buy something extra for your kids or spouse!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ABVI48415, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do our best to read every message. It is always rewarding to our team here at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites of Birch Run to know we've made our guests' stay very special. We appreciate your business and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My two daughters and I stayed here Nov. 15. $125.00 a night for 2 queen bed room. The floor was disgusting, I didn't want to take my shoes off. We left our socks on the whole time. There were all kinds of stains everywhere. The sheets were scratchy and we were afraid of bed bugs but we did check the bed first. We did not partake in the complimentary breakfast but heard from others that it wasn't that good. We were not in the main building which is fine. The walls are very thin, heard everything in the next room and hallway. Won't be staying here again. The next night we stayed at the Best Western which was 100% better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CarrieinOntario
ABVI48415, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 night because I wasn't willing to pay $175/night to stay IN Frankenmuth. ABVI was much more affordable, and only a couple minute drive. Room had a fridge/microwave which I happy to see.

The staff was very helpful. We showed up an couple hours early and the lady at the front desk made a point to go ask someone in housekeeping which rooms were already clean so we could check in early.

The room was VERY clean. Probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever seen. Very much appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ABVI48415, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were quite impressed with this Hotel. Yes, it is older but completely adequate for an overnight stay while shopping at Birch Run and trip to Frankenmuth.
I was kind of concerned after reading some of the reviews but if you aren't super picky about things like art on the walls and big closets, it is fine.
It was very clean, fresh sheets on the bed and very quiet at night.
The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. At first we were given a room, not in the Main Building, which was fine. Except when we got up there we could hear the people in the room next to ours making a ton of noise. So we went downstairs and asked to be moved. Not a problem. As a result we got a nice room in the Main Building away from the loud people and had a great quiet evening. The road noise wasn't an issue either.
The bathroom is a bit small but you aren't paying a huge price to stay there so you cope with it. I would rather have clean and quiet than a big bathroom.
I researched every hotel in the area and this was one of the most cost efficient I could find. We could have paid more at another hotel but I wanted to keep my money for shopping. Plus, there is never any guarantee those expensive places are going to be quiet and without issues. Read the reviews, someone always has a problem no matter how pricey the place.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cazza97
ABVI48415, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We recently spent a night with friends at this hotel. We were supposed to camp in Frankenmuth, but got rained out. This hotel offered the best rate in town at $94, but was very utilitarian for the price.

The hotel staff was very friendly and allowed us to check in an hour prior to check-in time. They also allowed us to use their locked breakfast room to play cards in the evening. So, high marks to the staff.

We had a queen bed room. The room did have a fridge and microwave, but little other amenities. The bed was rather squished against a wall, and there was a lot of floor space. There is no provision for a place to put a suitcase other than on the floor. A folding rack would have been nice. There is no closet, but there is a shelf with a bar and a few hangers in one corner of the room. The bathroom is extremely small with a small mirror, so two people cannot get ready at the same time. Also, there are no towel bars in the bathroom.

The decor is very dated with burgundy carpet and white walls. The art is of poor quality and sparsely placed around the room. The linens were crisp and clean, and the bed was comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast offered toast, bagels, cereal and donuts. The donuts were from a local bakery and were very good. Coffee, tea and juice were also included. Many chains in this price range offer a hot breakfast - so the breakfast was somewhat disappointing.

There is no indoor pool, but there is an indoor hot tub and sauna. However, the hot tub seats about 10 people, so on a weekend, it is overcrowded. Finally, there are two separate buildings, so I recommend asking for a room in the main building so you don't have to walk across the parking lot to access the breakfast room or hot tub. This is a very average hotel, and I will try another hotel in the area for my next visit.

Room Tip: Be sure to request the main building. If stairs a not an issue, I recommend a second floor room because we could hear each foot step in the room above us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
ABVI48415, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013