“Very Nice Property”

Comfort Inn Birch Run
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Was not expecting much from an older Comfort Inn with a corporate rate of only $67 but wow was I pleasantly surprised.....this place is a fantastic value.

I had a king bed room which was large, clean, modern and well equipped. It looks as though my room was totally renovated recently, i I think nearly everything had been replaced, with the exception of the older AC unit which still worked well.

Mattress was a newer (2012) Simmons BeautyRest, it was maybe a tad firm for my personal taste but not too bad. It's an innerspring mattresses that has foam mattress properties in that your significant other can toss and turn and it does not bother/affect the other person. I guess it sort of mimics a Tempur-Pedic type mattresses. Whatever the case, while it was not my favorite, it wasn't bad either, I tend to prefer really soft mattresses that you sink into.

Room had a lot of nice amenities, I particularly enjoyed the microwave, fridge and the comfortable desk and chair to work at.

Wireless Internet was FAST, speed tests showed 17 Mbps download speeds, which is on the higher end that you will find in any hotel.

Location was good, right in the middle of Saginaw and Flint, so quick and easy access to both those cities, in fact when I am working in either of those cities I will stay in this Comfort because it's the nicest Choice Hotel in the area and worth driving the couple of additional miles.

All in all this is a great hotel for the price. Just a couple of minor issues, the walls are very thin so you can hear people coughing, snoring, etc in the rooms next to you. Also the parking lot is a little on the small side, in fact it was totally full during my stay so if your driving a large RV or pulling a trailer parking could be an issue if you don't get a spot early.

Other then that the place is great though and I will definitely return, I'll call this one 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AlCzervik1
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for staying with us! I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities we take great pride in all of those things. Thank you for being willing to drive a few extra miles to stay with us!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Only stayed 1 nt & found the room & hotel clean & very nice. Breakfast was OK except for the liquid egg pancakes, at least I think that was what they were. Too many people at the waffle machines but would have loved to try the blueberry ones. As we were 3 bus loads of people they opened a conference room for extra seating at breakfast which was appreciated. Did not appear to be restaurants within walking distance near the hotel but there was a Subway & KFC across the street & behind the hotel was a large grocery store where you could pick up some deli for dinner. Short drive to Bronner's Christmas Store & Frankenmuth so good location in that respect. I would definitely stay there again if given the chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gloria K
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I'm so glad that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities and that we could accommodate your bus tour! I do hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were at this hotel several years ago & rated it as just OK. We decided to stay there again & was pleasantly surprised. It was remodeled since our last visit. The room was very comfortable and we had a pleasant stay. Great location to the Birch Run Outlet stores & Frankenmuth. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen1104
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

I'm so glad you decided to stay with us again, thank you!! Also glad that you enjoyed our hotel and new renovations, they are continuing to update rooms so I hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

For a girls weekend of shopping at Birch Run Outlet Mall, we selected Comfort Inn. Only a few minutes from the outlets, restaurants and Mejers for groceries.

The hotel staff was very friendly on check in providing us with coupons for the outlets and Frankenmuth attractions (which is also close by).

Breakfast selection was great - fruit, breads, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, eggs, cereals and beverages. We were surprised how much seating was available there. From the breakfast area you can overlook the indoor pool.

Room with 2 queen beds was very spacious. Also included table with 3 chairs, lounge chair, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and big double closet. At first I thought it was strange that there was no hair dryer. I did find it in the bathroom drawer. Internet was fast, lots of tv channels (flat screen tv). Nice big fluffy towels and plenty of hot water with great pressure.

We stayed on the second floor and was pleasantly surprised to find an ice machine on our floor. That was handy.

No complaints at all and would recommend this hotel for those people coming to the area. On a side note, if you are looking for a great family style restaurant you might want to try Tony's Restaurant which is just down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dutchie33
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your girls shopping weekend! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel, amenities and staff. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and I take great pride in my staff and hotel when that is met. I do hope that you stay with us when you have another shopping trip to the area.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My son and I stayed for just one night. The staff were very courteous, professional and friendly. Our room was clean and all was in order. Breakfast was ok. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either. Just a nice pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us! Our hotel strives for 100% guest satisfaction, and I'm so pleased to see that you were happy with our hotel, amenities and staff. I hope that when you and your son are in the area again you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We spent one night and everything was great. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was nice, the girl that checked us in was very pleasant and efficient. It was a very pleasant stay and we would not hesitate to return for a future visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel, thank you for staying with us! I take great pride in out hotel and staff. I also hope that you stay with us again when your in the area.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a nice stay the hotel is clean and looks very well kept. We checked in late and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We stayed at this location for what we had come in this area for was later in the evening the next day. They are close to outlet mall and not a far drive to Frankenmuth either. My complaints are that the bed seemed a little on the hard side. The breakfast was good the only thing is the waffle maker needed spray around it. Mine and my husbands waffles both split open when they had finished cooking. Other then that we would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel, thank you for staying with us! I'm very sorry that you and your husbands waffles cracked, the breakfast attendant does have cooking spray she could have taken care of that for you. I do hope that you stay with us when your in the area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express Birch Run (Frankenmuth Area)

Been to Comfort Inn Birch Run? Share your experiences!