“Clean Comfortable Stay & Friendly people!”

Comfort Inn Birch Run
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
london, ontario
“Clean Comfortable Stay & Friendly people!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I went to the birch run area for a shopping trip. We were very pleased.
The hotel is newly renovated. The room was clean and quiet. We had a nice and comfy king size bed. Their was a complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. Eggs, Sausages, Bagels, Fresh Fruit, Waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs... not 5 star by any means, but certainly enough to fill you up for your day of shopping. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful - we wanted to try something local and different for dinner (there are plenty of chain options but we didn't want them) so the front desk recommended Lucky's. It was a nice steakhouse... lots of options with good quality food. The place was packed. Definitely a favourite for locals. We also used the pool and hot tub... it was nice because we were the only ones using it. But that as well was clean and well maintained. Being the area that it is, there is always a fear of the quality of the hotel you will get - we were very satisfied. Clean, Safe, Comfortable - and freshly renovated with loads of friendly people around. No complaints here.
We will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask where the locals will want to eat - great choice to avoid your average chain restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maziars27
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks for choosing to stay with us! I'm also very glad to hear that my front desk staff picked a great place to send you for dinner. I do hope to see you again in the future!

Keri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this comfort inn four times this year. The rooms are clean, well kept. On the other hand, the front desk staff is a total nightmare. They are extremely rude, not just once, not twice, but all 4 times I have stayed! Now this is more than a coincidence. I wouldn't even be writing this review if it wasn't for the horrible way I (and other guests) were treated.
Clearly the front desk staff didn't get the memo about being in the "hospitality industry".

I can get a nice room for the same price down the road without having to deal with horrible people. Which is why I will not be staying at the Comfort Inn Birch Run ever again. (yes, they were that bad)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience while you were here, I would love to discuss this further if you would like to call me. 989-624-7777

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a great stay at this Comfort Inn....rooms were clean and spacious. Every employee was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast room was bigger than most....lots of tables and room to walk around. It was kept very clean and well stocked ( cereal, coffee, juice, sausage, eggs, toast fresh fruit...) Pool area and jacuzzi were clean....great way to relax after a day of shopping and touring. Hotel is very well located...near the highway, Frankenmuth, shopping, restaurants, grocery store.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while in the area! We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and I am very pleased that you are satisfied! Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Stoney Creek, ON Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have stayed in a few hotels in Birch Run as we go there shopping every year. We find we like this one the best and go back here every year. It's clean quiet and close to shopping and staff has always been friendly to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil S
Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoy yourself while you here shopping and touring our local attractions.

Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I ended up staying here 3 times during the week I was in Michigan and the only reason I stayed there all 3 times is because, it simply is a pretty good hotel. I was assigned the same room twice and the rooms were clean, nicely furnished and comfortable. I'm big on using fitness centers and this one was, again, pretty good. It had both elliptical and weights which I try to use regularly, instead of treadmill, which was also there, and those bike machines. The breakfast was plentiful in variety and continually stocked. The employees were nice and helpful, but I didn't enter act very much with them. The only descrepincy was NO golf channel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you were in town!! I'm so glad you were satisfied with your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I will start by stating the room was good, the hotel decent I would have given a 5 star had we not had an incident whereby we left our purses/wallets in the room when we went for the continental breakfast and $80 cash disappeared out of my daughters wallet, we had exchanged our Canadian money for American and knew she had exactly $200 US plus a little Canadian. Enough was taken that we didn't notice immediately until she went to buy something Saturday afternoon. The maid came in at 10:15 am and we were back in our room at 10:20 am and we never saw her coming or going. We also had an incident of crank phone calls to our room asking us to come to the front desk to sign out and when we went to the front desk they hadn't called, they said they couldn't trace the calls as they were from within the hotel. We had at least 10 calls, some of which were hang-ups, the others a womans voice requesting we sign out, all between 9 am Sunday and 11 am Sunday. I would think they wanted us out of the room, perhaps to look for more money. Have never ever had this happen at a hotel before but I certainly WON'T go back here!!! I would not accuse someone of theft unless I was pretty darn sure, I would hate to jeoporadize someones employment, however, the fact is the money disappeared while the wallet was in the hotel room and we were not! The manager did not seem to concerned when I spoke to her.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cmccreight
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience while you were here. I would love to discuss this further over the phone, please call me at your convenience 989-624-7777

Oakville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stay at Comfort Inns regularly, and this one is exceptional. Newly renovated, new carpets, large clean rooms, very nice, large pool on main level with large windows. We were especially impressed with the breakfast which included sausages and ripe, seasonal, local plums.

Room Tip: If you like a jacuzzi tub in your bedroom, it was only a minimal increase in the rate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Keri B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Birch Run, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for alway's staying at Comfort Inn while you travel! Special thanks for staying with us here in Birch Run. Glad to know that our guest's are happy with the renovations. Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Comfort Inn Birch Run? Share your experiences!