“I love this hotel !”

Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (Fri. and Sat.). We were visiting the area to go shopping at the outlet mall and to go to Frankenmuth. Our room was very clean. And I LOVE the beds! They are so comfortable. And the free hot breakfast is the best. It sure beats any other hotel breakfasts! We love Hampton Inn's and if at all possible, never stay any place else.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kazamy

Reviewed December 25, 2010

We arrived late about 11 pm and were greeted somewhat indifferently by the front desk attendant. While efficient he did not smile or project a warm welcome. He checked us in without delay and explained the best parking options but the extra info we got at the Duluth Hampton Inn was lacking. The rest of the staff for the rest of our 2 day stay was great and told us about coupon books for the nearby outlet mall, information that would have been useful when we arrived.
The room at this Hampton Inn was larger than the Duluth one, but had less furniture and no bar fridge. It could have used a comfy chair and ottoman in the corner. The beds were good with warm duvets. The hotel was very quiet. The high-speed internet was very fast and quick to hook up to. I used both the code given and my Honors card number. Both worked very well and hooked up virtually instantaneously.
The breakfast selection was good with hot entrees including egg dishes and sausages. The waffle option was good and tasty and their was abundant fruit to go with it. Again, as with the Duluth HI, the coffee was fresh, good and available all the time.
Here we tried the pool and hot tub as well while my wife went shopping. Birch Run has a HUGE outlet mall and is close to Frankenmuth, a Bavarian themed town with excellent shopping and dining options. The pool was a good temperatiure and I had a great time with the girls.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mannycanuk
HamptonInnBirchRun, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

I wanted to thank you for allowing us the pleasure to serve your lodging needs while you stayed in Birch Run. We were thrilled to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future. If I can help you with reservations please feel free to give me a call.

Tony Frank

Reviewed December 6, 2010

The people above my room stomped around all night .The toilet in my room ran constantly. No rest ,very little sleep. In addition the security latch on the door was broken , but that would be about right for this place. It took 15 to 20 minutes for the breakfast bar to be serviced so I went to a nearby restaurant. Upon checkout , the desk clerk was somewhat rude and did not care what my visit was like nor did he care of my concerns. My experience with the many Hampton Inn stays I have payed for in the past is this is an isolated event. The absolutely worst Hampton Inn experience I have had.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I am a Hilton Honors traveler and spend about 100 nights a year in hotels. I am pretty loyal to Hilton brands and when not available, I will choose Marriot Brands and then Holiday Inns where applicable. Well, this is one of those times I should have picked another hotel. From the outside and lobby the hotel seems average for any Hampton Inn. As I exited the elevator to the third (top) floor, the carpet seems ready for a change - no big deal. However once inside my room my jaw dropped as the room appeared very subpar - waterstains on the ceiling, below average furnishings. There was not the typical desk and office chair, but instead a 24"X24" square table and what looked like chairs (including the table) from the breakfast lounge. Not what I have become accustomed to as a business traveler. The desk lamp and the wall lamp did not work (maybe the bulb?). The lamp shades are right out of 1985. The bedding was average and pillows average. TV has been updated to a flatscreen, but doesn't make up for the lackluster quality of the room. The bathroom was average. The staff seemed kind and helpful. I expect more from Hampton and Hilton brands, and this hotel does not make the cut. I noticed what seems to be some more updated hotels in the area, which I would probably opt for on my next visit until this hotel can make some updates.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank shephund
Reviewed October 25, 2010

we checked in late and the women was great to deal with at the end of a day that involved a lot of driving. The staff were very friendly and the room was great, we slept well in our room and has great location for the shopping mall and location close to Frankenmuth.
The front desk clerk went and found us the cheapest rate to save some monies.

The areas around the hotel were clean and kept tidy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beamylevi
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The shower faucet broke off late the second night....all we were told was thanks for reporting it ....left next morning ....no showers taken ...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I've been to the Birch Run / Frankenmuth Area many, many times. However, this was my first time staying close to Birch Run as we normally stay right in Frankenmuth. We wanted to be closer to Birch Run this time and the hotels within Frankenmuth were a bit more expensive during the dates we wanted to go.

The Hampton Inn at Birch Run was clean, the pool looked fairly nice, and the free breakfast was adequate. Our remote for the TV in our room didn't work (probably because of the batteries) (very very minor thing). The BIG problem was that our room faced I-75!!! We didn't sleep well at all because all we could hear was the highway traffic all night long. We really should have requested a room change upon arrival.

If our room didn't face I-75 I would have given the hotel a higher rating.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Been to Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!