“Nice...but”

Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ask for a room with a refrigerator, they are not standard. Also, make sure everything works especially the heating and cooling. Overall it is a nice location near shopping and dining. Very clean hotel, nice pool, 24 hour hot beverages. Great breakfast, hot with meat and plenty of room to dine.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us and others know how we are doing. 52 of our 89 rooms have Refrigerator and Microwave units. We are in the process of adding more. Please be sure to bring any concerns to the attention of front desk or management at any hotel you may be staying with; we are here to ensure an enjoyable experience during your stay. Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel and our breakfast offerings. I will share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We decided to take a long weekend and shop the huge outlet center and visit the German town of Frankenmuth. This hotel is older, but clean. The staff was very friendly. Our TV was not working when we got back to the room late at night and staff was very knowledgeable in re-programming. It was an ok place to use as a "landing pad" to sleep. Breakfast was good with hot & cold options.

Birch Run could use more restaurant options. The brewery in Frankenmuth had good beer & wine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for your experienced review. I will share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. Please be sure to be on the lookout for updates and renovations to our hotel. We will be replacing hallway and stairwell carpet and reviewing the need to update furniture and bedding. Your comments drive the need for us to strive to be different and better than the rest. Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is easy to spot and get to from I75. I travel for business and usually sit at the table in my room to do computer work at the end of the day. The table and chairs (2) in my room are old and not very nice. I could not see the TV from the table. This is a typical older Hampton Inn that needs to be updated.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us and others know how we are doing. Thank you for your experienced review as well. We are in the process of updating our hotel. Within the next week we will be replacing the hallway and stairwell carpeting, adding more refrigerator and microwave units, and updating our guest room furnishings. Please be sure to bring any concerns to the attention of front desk or management at any hotel you may be staying with; we are here to ensure an enjoyable experience during your stay. We may have been able to upgrade you to a King room, which has a work desk with executive chair and line of sight to the Television. Thanks again for your comments and review. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My stay was a girls night in with my sister and our 7 year old daughters. Our stay was great until packing to leave when I reached to pick up what I thought was one of the girls toys instead being a used condom. I was appalled and called the front desk and without asking for a refund it was offered immediately as they do back up their 100% stay guarantee. This was an isolated incident as I have stayed at this hotel several times, however, I've never checked under the bed skirts. I will from now on at any hotel I stay at. Would I stay here again - yes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the inconvenience and concern you experienced at the end of your stay. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assure you that what was perceived as a used condom was not. I personally checked your room shortly after your departure, and although I initially thought the same, found that it was a fabric mesh with an elastic band. This item more resembled the extra packaging that would be included to protect a new toy from scratches due to packaging and shipping. I am unsure if you had purchased new toys for your children or if the previous guest had. I have shared your concerns with my housekeeping and room inspection staff to seek ways to ensure that evidence from a previous guest is not found in any of our rooms. I am pleased that Mariah, my front desk attendant, enacted our 100% guarantee without question. Hopefully the further information sets you at ease as to the actual item found. I do see where you would mistake the item for a used condom (with the way it was lying on the floor) I did at first, but with a closer look I was relieved that it was packaging material from a box. Thanks again for your comments and response. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The experience overall was great. The room was fresh smelling, dark (which I like for sleeping), and quiet, even though I-75 was right outside. Pool and Hot tub were nice. Free breakfast had everything.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for your comments. We do our best to create enjoyable and memorable experiences. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The morning breakast staff man made breakfast quite enjoyable. He made sure that everything was great for us. Beds were comfortable. The pool was a bit too cool, but once you got in, it was ok.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I will share your comments with my staff, especially Maximus, our Breakfast Attendant; he is a hard worker and takes great pride in the level of service he provides our guests. I will share your comments on the pool with my maintenance staff and seek ways to make the temperature a more comfortable level, without sacrificing pool quality and the safety of our guests. Thanks again for your review and comments. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Although we could get a cheaper employee rate for another hotel chain, due to a family member being employed with them, we chose to stay at Hampton. In my daughter's words "It's like home. It's part of our tradition every year." We tried the Holiday Inn next door one year and after the first night, we moved over the Hampton. It is home to us. We feel safe and they are always very accommodating to my asthmatic daughter's needs. We always say goodbye to the comfy beds and miss them till the next year.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I will share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!