“Excellent hotel for the value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth

Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
onondaga, United States
“Excellent hotel for the value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Enjoyed staying at this hotel for the value even though I was heading an hour east it was a better hotel especially priced well for the area. Worth the extra drive. Have a very good fitness center and nice rooms and very nice seating area for breakfast or meeting guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests let us know how we are doing. Thank you for your positive comments and loyalty to our hotel when staying in the area. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Brantford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I as well as another couple spent 2 nights at this hotel.The room was very clean, the whirlpool in our room was fantastic and you could not ask for nicer staff. We will go again. It was very close to Frankenmuth , and the shopping outlet mall. It was a very quiet area. And as for price , the room was a good price. The breakfast was also very good.

Room Tip: our room was 115 and it was great
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us and other know how we are doing. Thank you for the wonderful comments. I will share them with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Was booked by my company's travel department, at first my thoughts were ...OK, nice room, small refrigerator, microwave...& and I was impressed that they advertise in the hotels elevator.." fresh linens fresh bed every night". My first appointment was I could tell the sheets were not changed every night, as my makeup appeared on some of the pillow cases. Next, these small bugs appeared. They look like knats (I researched them through google) and knats do bite.. I woke up with small bites on my lower legs. The night time manager try to move me to a different room.. but that new room smelt horribly like cigarette smoke, suffering with asthma that is just not acceptable. the night to manager told me he would have to exterminate, and they could not do anything for me at this time. he told me he would come to the room for the night. we'll see tomorrow if that happens.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your candor regarding your stay with us. We have clean and fresh linen for all our guests upon check-in and do offer fresh linen for stayover rooms. We provide signage in the guest bathroom stating that towels will be replaced if left on the floor, and will be left for future use if hanging up. The bed linen is replaced after 4 days into a stayover or upon the request of our guest. We are environmentally conscious along with providing for a great guest experience. Unfortunately, the weather is changing and at rare times, we will encounter insects as they look for warmth or if food is not properly stored. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and assure you that the room is being properly treated. I am pleased to see that you were compensated for the nights stay and then upgraded to a room better suited for your needs for the rest of your stay. Thanks again for your comments and the opportunity to ensure an enjoyable conclusion to your stay. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Everything was perfect: quick check in, clean rooms, large bathroom, and most amazing thing: no dirty bedspreads, just crispy clean duvet covers, and that cute sticker notes " your covers and sheets are clean and ready to use". I have never see something like that, Manager's idea? High five, Kurtis! Delicious, healthy breakfast with nice, quick helpers. Great price and location. We will be back!

Room Tip: Just stay away from hwy side, little too noisy (room# 301)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our linen and our breakfast area. I can not take credit for the Sticky Note, Hampton Inns pride themselves on providing clean and fresh linen for every guest upon check-in. I will share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.
Leamington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just got home from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Have stayed at different hotels around this area other years so thought we would try this hotel this time. Cannot understand negative reviews of this place. Very clean, quiet hotel. Staff very friendly. I do understand some people saying it is hard to find the driveway. I had read the reviews on here so knew to go to Dixie highway for a driveway. Just found at night the driveway is upon you very fast so better lighting or a sign there would be good. Went out one time through the KFC parking lot but highway was very busy trying to turn left. The only negative I could think of was the pillows. Way too soft for our liking. Should have brought ours from home. Beds very good though. Did not have breakfast either morning here, just coffee but the place was busy and the gentleman looking after it was asking everyone if there was anything they needed and how it was. He seemed to really care about his job. We will not hesitate to stay here again when in this area. Just that we usually go in September for the car show and it is always booked up. It is in such a central location for staying on a shopping vacation

Room Tip: We had a 2 queen on the second floor. We were away from the highway so very quiet. Not sure about ro...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response and observations. I respond to all reviews and greatly appreciate the positive and helpful feedback. I will share your comments with the land developer and our owner to seek a solution to our entrance from the main roads. Thank you for your comments on Maximus, our breakfast attendant. He is a hard worker and greatly appreciates the recognition for a job well done. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are loyal Hampton Inn users and chose this location on a recent trip to Birch Run/Frankenmuth. The cleanliness was less than usual for the Hampton chain.The room linens, bedskirt and floor were dirty in our room. The toilet had a consistent leak, and ran all the time, we had to manually lift the float to stop in from running. Amenities are out of date/old.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I apologize for the conditions and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping and maintenance staff. Thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of our Guest Service Manager. I am pleased to see that we were able to address your concerns and credit you a nights stay. Thanks again for your review. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs.
Marshall, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Though we booked this trip only a few days beforehand we new the price would be more and were willing to pay it. Once we got there it was another story. The smell was musty, the furnishings dingey, the air conditioner worked occassionally and was LOUD! The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything around you. The mattresses were cheap, $99 quality, uncomfortable and just plain miserable to sleep on. The bottom sheets kept coming off the bed, so throughout the night we had to get up and "remake" the bed. The towels were thin and small, the tub stained from much use. When we complained at check out all we were told was "Your the third person to complain about that today, I don't understand, we just replaced our mattresses last year. Here's your $320 bill for two nights." There was no apologize or compensation. We will never go back to that Birch Run hotel again, and will question any other Hampton's we may stay in.

1 Thank David W
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your candor regarding your stay and apologize for the conditions and inconveniences you experienced. I will share your comments with my maintenance and laundry staff, for us to review the quality of the mattresses and linen of the room you stayed in. We will be viewing the front desk video to verify your conversation with Loren, our front desk attendant, and seek ways to be more receptive to our guests concerns and underlying wants. It was not her intention to give the impression of unresponsiveness toward your comments. Please be sure to bring any concerns to the attention of management at any hotel you may be staying with, I was available the morning of your departure and would have been pleased to have the opportunity to remedy your inconveniences and ensure an enjoyable departure. My Guest Service Manager and I are here to ensure an enjoyable experience throughout our guests stay. We may have been able to relocate you to a room more suited to your expectations had we been aware of your concerns at the beginning and throughout your two night stay. I again apologize for the concerns you raised. We look forward to accommodating your future travel needs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!