“Pretty Comfortable!”

Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here one night with another couple for an event in Frankenmuth. It was a great location to Frankenmuth and to restaurants and stores in Birch Run. The room was comfortable and we were happy with the quality of the room and the cleanliness, no funny ordors in the room. There was a musty smell in the elevator though. Eventhough the hotel was completely booked, it was quiet. Breakfast was included, contential so nothing too fancy - make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit, old cereal, juice, coffee, etc. Overall we were happy with our stay and will definately check out the Hampton Inn when we're in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel is near the highway, we chose a room that did not face the highway and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LJQueen
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I see that location, cleanliness and service received your highest marks. We strive to provide a very clean and service oriented facility. Please be sure to introduce yourself to me upon your next stay at the Hampton Inn Birch Run.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Pretty ordinary place. Kind of what you would expect. Except for a odor that seemed to permeate the entire building. It really needs a good fumigation.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room if desired, and they will accomodate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Recently stayed at Hampton Inn in Birch Run, Mi. I have always wanted to stay at this hotel due to the location to the Outlet Stores and the ammenities that come with the hotel. I finally got a price that was affordable and when I saw the room, I was truly disappointed.
The bathroom door did not close properly. The tub surround was cracked and re-glued, and the caulking looked like it was mouldy.
At 4am, I was woken up by the ice machine down the hall. Apparently the staff were preparing for breakfast and ran the ice machine for a few minutes. (now I understand why there were a pair of ear plugs left beside the bed by the hotel).
If I had to pay full price for this room, I would have been really upset.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know what works or needs improved upon. It is true that we are conveniently located for access to the birch Run Outlet Center as well as the short 10 minute drive to Frankenmuth. I see that the service you received during your stay was good as well; thank you.
We are in the process of updating our hotel and your comments help drive the need for this. I have changed our procedure for collecting ice for the breakfast area; we are now taking it from a vending area located away from guest rooms. The ear plugs which we provide in rooms located on the expressway side, are for guest use in the event that the traffic noise becomes an issue.
Please be sure to bring your concerns to the attention of Front Desk Staff or Management, at any hotel you may stay with, so that we can accommodate any requests or correct any inconveniences you have, to ensure that your stay is as enjoyable and memorable as can be.
Thanks again for your comments. Please be sure to contact me upon your next visit to the Birch Run area, I will be more than glad to give you a complimentary stay to show why Hampton Inn is your hotel of Choice

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed one night on our way to the U P of Michigan. Nice room and good price. Breakfast was good and normal Hampton fare.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff was very nice and the location was great since we took in Birch Run, Frankenmuth and Saginaw all in the same weekend. The price was very reasonable and it was clean. We had a room facing I-75 and we could not here any noise.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vacationdad2
Kurtis K, Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know what works or needs improved upon. My staff and I thank you for your kind words that help drive the want to exceed in guest service and experiences. Please be sure to introduce yourself to me upon your next stay with us, or visit to the area.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have used this hotel twice after flying into Flint and heading to Northern Michigan. Great staff! It is one of the older remodels but still very clean and roomy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Kurtis K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate it when our guests take the time to let us know what works or could be improved upon. We do our best to provide enjoyable and memorable experiences. We are Hampton Inn #678 out of over 1840 Hampton Inns. Our goal is to be the best in service and cleanliness along with providing all that Hampton Inn has become. We are in the process of updating public areas and guest rooms. We strive to do these updates with very little impact on our guest. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and please be sure to introduce yourself to me upon your next stay with us.

Kurt Kendziorski

Reviewed October 21, 2011

It looks like this hotel could use a bit of a face lift inside..beds were Hampton Inn standard..Breakfast was standard fair..front counter staff person seemed obsessed about the no smoking policy as we already knew that was the rule for every hotel in the state of Michigan..compared to the other hotels we stayed in Birch Run at various times it was below par compared to them...good enough for a one night stay

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank grouzer
Kurtis K, Manager at Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Hello and thank you for your comments. My name is Kurt Kendziorski and I am the new General Manager here at the Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth. I have changed our procedure for explaining the non-smoking status of our hotel; this will no longer be reviewed at check in. We are also in the process of updating our rooms. Many are now equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, and flat screen TV’s as well as the amenities you have come to expect from the Hampton Brand. We are excited about the new changes happening here at the Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth and would appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future so you can witness them as well. Again, thank you for your comments and please feel free to introduce yourself to me upon your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birch Run
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!