“Terrible service . . . Again”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Birch Run
Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First, I enjoy Bob Evans restaurants. I do not, however, enjoy terrible service. I have had bad service at this restaurant before, but, I thought I would give it another try. Our waitress, Shelby, was dreadful. She appeared to have little understanding as to how one properly waits on tables. Luckily, other servers helped out.
While the manager appeared concerned with our multiple issues, I doubt the solution to the problem will be reached. My order was wrong, I waited and waited for service, she failed to bring all of the ordered drinks, she would disappear and had no clue when asked questions about the menu, she did not even bring out the bread which came with the dinner order. I hate to single one person out like this but, management needs to fix things at this store as I have had prior bad service there. If you are looking for the Bob Evans experience, and it is good when done at a properly supervised store, this might not be the right Bob Evans for you. Two times is enough. I won't be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

First, let me say I have had many issues with this restaurant in the past and don't know why I keep trying them again and again, but we tried them again on Fathers Day because of an email coupon I received! The food was really good this time and our server, James was great too! They remodeled and the new decor is nice as well. After actually enjoying a meal at this restaurant for once, I went to pay and presented the email coupon I had that said "Fathers Eat Free on Fathers Day", it then went on to read that you would receive the lesser of your two adult meals for free. Since my meal was $10.79 and my husbands was $10.99, I expected to get $10.79 taken off our bill BUT NO the machine took my sons Griddle Combo (pancakes and bacon) off our bill because it was $4.99. I questioned it taking a childs meal off the ticket and the girl said it takes the lower meal off and offered no other help. The manager had just left, so there I sat with a sour taste in my mouth because the corporate office didn't explain the coupon well enough! My advice when using coupons at Bob Evans nationwide is to ask your server or the manager what it will be used on BEFORE dining, so you know exactly what they meant to say in the first place! As for the Birch Run store, I hope the remodel has also remodeled their service and food and that from now on we will receive good food and service like we did Fathers Day and not like the many trips prior to that!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had breakfast at this location while on a shopping weekend with another couple.
Our server, Rhonda, was perfectly charming! She was attentive without being overbearing, she was funny, friendly and you could tell that she was hard worker.
No complaints about the food either. Everything came as ordered and was hot and we were never without coffee!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We arrived at 8 am and were seated immediately. It took 10 minutes to get our drink order ( an arnold palmer and a coffee ) then after we placed our order it took another 30 minutes to get our order ( eggs and bacon, and eggs and hash ) other patrons around were getting their orders in a normal amount of time, so I don't know if it was our waitress, or the kitchen ) Also, I ordered my eggs over easy, and when they arrived one was broken and bleeding all over the plate. Apparently they don't have very high standards for presentation.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Really good breakfast foods. You can get them all day. My mom loves their biscuits and gravy. I like the pancakes. Dad like the farmers or western Omelets. The desserts are really good too.