“Bad Vibes felt racial tension!”
Review of Exit Restaurant - CLOSED

Exit Restaurant
Reviewed October 31, 2012

October 27th 2012, about 11:00 a.m. my boyfriend and I went to the Exit for the first time. We chose it because it looked inviting and a change from the regular chains. At first we were delighted with the bakery and homefelt atmosphere. We were seated on the far right as you enter the restaureant, near the breakfast bar. The waitress (a very young lady) was going around to all tables in our section but never acknowledged us. Only when we kept looking around and at her that she signaled to another person in the kitchen to help us while she continued to help all others in that section. The other person had a look on her face like she pulled the short stick and very reluctlantly came over to take our order. Even when she came to ask if everything was ok, she literally stood behind me and asked. As my boyfriend and I who are an interracial couple looked around at the other customers, we both felt a strange uncomfortable feeling as if we were not welcomed there. We are both very mild mannered people and always give the benefit of the doubt, but the bad feeling in there that day was so thick you could cut it with a knife. We're also not very sensitive to racial issues but we both felt that was the reason we were treated so badly. We go to Frankenmuth often and have already told our friends and family about the experience.

3  Thank Candis B

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Pleasant retreat from the outlet mall chain restaurants. Good, home cooked food and lots of variety. Nice little gift shop and great baked goods to take out.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ordered roast beef sandwich, don't know what it was but it was not real roast beef! Service was terrible, never came back to ask if we wanted more tea or if everything was all right.

1  Thank wbputerwiz
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were hungry and in a hurry to get to Bishop International Airport (Flint, Michigan) so we stopped here after my brother suggested it. We all enjoyed it. There was a variety of foods at a reasonable price for a breakfast buffet (around $8). Afterwards, I had a very good creme filled chocolate covered Long John from their bakery.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Wow, what a difference a year makes, we stopped by the Exit Restaurant this morning on our way to Mackinaw City, Michigan. We have eaten at the Exit Restaurant many times over the past 10 years and the food has always been excellent. We arrived around 11:00 am, and were handed a one page menu with breakfast menu items only. They were not serving lunch yet. So we eat breakfast, we were glad to see that the prices have been reduced. I ordered a cheese omelet, it came with hash browns and bread the omelet was under cooked, and just a spoonful of hash browns also not cooked. My wife ordered scrambled eggs, with corned beef hash and a biscuit, the corned beef hash was out of a can and not crisp like it should be. Our waitress brought the meals without silverware. She never came back to ask if we needed anything. I guess you get what you paid for. It is obvious that there are either new owners or management who are trying to cut costs. It is a shame since they have ruined a fine restaurant.

1  Thank MMAC1122