“Had higher expectations”

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had higher expectations”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Service, I can not fault. The food.... that's another story. I ordered their gluten free pizza - I have celiacs - figuring that this is a place known for pizza. You know, that whole Chicago deep dish thing. I figured that they would know what they were doing. WRONG! The pizza was thin crust, which, OK, as a celiac, I get, but picture a frozen pizza from The Dollar Store. Yep, that is what it was like. A GF pizza is usually thin because of the restrictions of the ingredients. However, that does not mean that it must be bland and limp. I have eaten here twice and been disappointed both times. I'm done.

• Visited April 2014

Cambridge, Canada
“Good Lunch, Break from Shopping”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were recently at Birch Run Outlet Mall, as part of a group. Stopped here for a lunch break, pleasantly surprised. They have a 2/4/$12, per person, this can not be shared between 2 people, they do however have a section, of smaller size appetizer choices, $4-6 (thereabouts) we shared the Spinach Artichoke dip(4.99) and the 1/2 size thin crust Mediterranean Pizza(6.00), we each had 2 triangle pieces of the pizza. We felt full enough for a lunch. Bill with 2 pepsi was $16.00. Our server was good, our service was fairly quick.

• Visited April 2014
Coral Springs, Florida
“Service Lacks Consistency. Very Good Food.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been there many times. I did not write a review up until now due to the service not being consistent. Food is always very good. Great menu selection. I never had their pizza. Other than pizza I tried just about everything and always liked it. Staff are always pleasant. Some are more efficient than the others.There is a waitress who works in a back section by the bar (Bobbie),who was very rude, was not addressing us properly & had an attitude.She demonstrated a bad temper with us once and another time we witnessed her demonstrating bad temper with other guests.When they complained, she just walked away and loudly said to another staff person,that she doesn't care about anything.She did choose a different terminology,describing her emotions, but there is no way I can repeat it on this site. Don't get me wrong. Uno at Birch Run is a nice place. Don't let one staff member stop you from going there. It's just, if you want to bring a guest or go for a special occasion, you just kind of have to be prepared that something like this may take place.

• Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“One of the better places to eat in Birch Run”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Long lines since it's either this, Applebee's, Tony's or fast food. Service was good and friendly. Accommodated gluten free needs.

Visited March 2014
UnoChicagoGrill, Public Relations Manager at UNO Chicago Grill, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
DH_Traveler01, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our friendly service and gluten free menu items. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Bad Axe, Michigan
“Good food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. It's nice and cozy inside. Always have a nice waiter/waitress. I've had several things but my Top 3 are: Deep Dish Pizza, Firecracker Chicken Sandwich and the Chi Town Sampler Platter. Of course anything on tap goes well with the choices above! Happy Dining:)

UnoChicagoGrill, Public Relations Manager at UNO Chicago Grill, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dap0711, thank you for your great 5 star review! We're glad to hear that you enjoy our friendly staff and deep dish pizza. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!