“"Average" is putting it nicely”

Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was a little leery about booking this hotel based off of the reviews that I read on TripAdvisor. I should have followed my intuition. The room left a lot to be desired. The bed seemed WAY smaller than a queen. Bathroom was tiny. Hair in the tub as soon as we entered the room. Breakfast was lousy. The staff was really, really nice. My husband and I had an overnight stay without our small children and this hotel made me feel like we should have just stayed home. The only plus was that it was close to the outlets and Tony's. For some reason all the hotels in the area were booked so we ended up at this Best Western after trying to book a room elsewhere for two weeks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWBRFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
I apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel. I wish you would of had one of our upstairs rooms, which have alot of space. Bathrooms are bigger. You should never know or see any remains of the guest before you. I'm so sorry about the hair you had in your tub. In a heartbeat I would of went to your room and cleaned it to your liking. Once again let me apologize for this issue.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

BWBR Front Desk

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This location was close to outlet mall. We enjoyed the lounge and sfaff in the evening to watch some sports. It was a, nice siting area. Breakfast is standard,It could have used some fruit. Wish the pool opened before 10am for us early risers.

Dear guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. We do try to give each guest feels welcome. Glad you had fun shopping, and relaxing in the lounge.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at Birch Run Best Western for a football and shopping weekend. Family of four adults. We had adjoining rooms which was nice so the guys could watch the game and mom could be in the next room reading but we could still chat back and forth. Location was the best thing about this motel. We were just over the highway from the Premium Outlet mall and access to the highway was excellent. Also convenient to get to Frankenmuth. Breakfast needs improving, waffles are good and lots of waffle makers so no big lineups for waffles like at other places, however the layout was disorganized, and protein choices are slim. Rooms are tired but clean enough. Carpets are never clean enough in my opinion but that's why I don't have them in my house. Keep my shoes or socks on in hotels. Tiled floor in bathroom seemed clean here.

Dear Guest,

to receive your kind words of praise for our property.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Thank you once again for your comments. I'm glad you got adjoing room where everyone was happy. We are in a good location which as you say it's nice.

BWBR FrontDesk

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as it was central to Frankenmuth and Premier Outlet Shops. The hotel is convenient and great value for the money. Clean and all staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We liked staying in the courtyard rooms..easy access from car to unload and load. Breakfast was decent with a waffle bar but not extensive. My only "problem" was the pool hours which are from 10 a.m to 10 pm...we are early risers and prefer to swim before breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWBRFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. We do try to give each guest that superior customer service. Yess we are convenient to all things happening around. Even Flint and Saginaw. Our court yard rooms are very nice with the door to outside , and chair for you. I love seeing all the people sitting in our courtyard, just relaxing. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went to get away for a few days, the staff was great!! From the beginning, the reservation was wrong when I called the morning of our arrival to confirm and the staff juggled rooms to meet our needs. The desk staff and handyman were so nice and friendly. The bartender was very attentive and nice. The staff made such difference in our stay. The room was very nice and clean. I m going back in 2 weeks and staying there gain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. We do try to give each guest that superior customer service. We look forward to your return visit, in two weeks. We will make sure we treat you in the same special way.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Don't expect bells and whistles in this hotel. Room is standard, fridge but no microwaves, no closet (just hangers with no door). Very small tub and bathroom, even the sink is outside the bathroom. No elevator to the second floor, just stairs. The amenities aren't anything to write home about. The breakfast... well, very, very limited. Just cereal, toasts, pancakes and a sausage and egg sandwich. No fruit available. Mixed fruit and grape jam for your toasts and that's it. HOWEVER... I believe the value is excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness of the room very good, and the pillows (for once in a hotel !!) were just fine. The hotel has a small arcade room with air hockey and pool tables, plus a couple of arcade games (barely working, as most of these machines) that the children enjoyed a lot. All this just across the highway from the outlets, and with tons of restaurants nearby. And at an extremely reasonable price. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and will stay again if I come back to Birch Run. Only observation: for elderly guests, make sure you ask for a room at the ground floor; no easy way going upstairs.

Dear guest

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review of our hotel. I am passing on the comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff, to continue thier efforts in superior customer care. We appreciate your patronage, and hope you will stay with us at the BestWestern of BirchRun/Frankenmuth the next time you are in town. We look forward to your return visit. I also want to thank you on behalf of our bar, and lounge. We do have great food. I also hope that you felt like family with us.

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We try to provide each guest with superior customer care, and we are so happy to hear that we did that just for you too. When you stay again please remember we do have fruit for breakfast. We just don't put it out , this way it doesn't get spoiled.
See you next time.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Close to Frankenmuth but much more reasonable cost. Our visit to the area was in October when there was not much traffic. Aware of hotel because of previous trips to the area. Good nights rest, decent breakfast, pleasant staff..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

to receive your kind words of praise for our property.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Thank you once again for your comments. We are pleased that you stayed with us, and your mini-Vacation was good. Sometimes in our area we are so busy, I'm glad you did not have to put up with all the traffic.

BWBR FrontDesk

Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!