Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Frankenmuth Motel(Frankenmuth)
Bavarian Inn Lodge(Frankenmuth)
View Hotel
All reviewsfireside loungefree drinkswaffle barwafflesroom was cleangreat valuestaff was very friendlypool and hot tubwould stay againchristmas storesausageoutlet mallnice stayshopping tripshort driveoff the highwaycontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I rated this hotel based on its 2 star rating. I think it was a very good value. Even the bad review (which was based mostly on bad patrons) stated very positive things about the hotel. The location is very good for the tourist and shopper.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kim K, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Gear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our property. I am grateful that you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Birch Run/ Frankenmuth the next time you are in the area. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had a lovely holiday when we took our grandson away for the March Break. We were treated like we were members of their family by the staff. Michelle the Owner is super friendly. Enough cannot be said about Doreen who runs the breakfast, the bar at night and also the restaurant. She is wonderful. Think about it! Go there you will have fun

Room Tip: Close to Birch Run. Myjers is around the corner. Their restaurant is fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Kim K, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Gear Guest,
Thank you for the taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again next year! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We just spent one night at this hotel. We checked in late, just looking for a decent night's sleep.

The good things:
- the room was great for us - it had kind of a separate area for the kids with bunks and room for a playpen, plus a TV mounted on the wall. No door, but the kids slept fine, even with us getting ready for bed and watching the news.
-the two queen beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The carpet felt a little sticky or tacky, but other than that it was spotless.
-the breakfast was pretty good - choices for the kids and the coffee was fresh and tasty.

The things that made it hellish:
-we could not sleep for two reasons:
1. The heating/air conditioning unit made a banging/clicking noise on and off, all night long. It was loud enough to jolt you out of a sleep. We were not willing to wake up the kids and switch rooms, so we tried to make do. We eventually just shut it off and slept in a cold room.

2. The room next door was occupied by 4 teeenage (14 or 15 year old girls) who screamed, slammed the door, and ran up and down the halls screaming for HOURS . Finally, at 2AM, I went out to have a word with them, as they had awakened us and our children numerous times. Their parents were nowhere to be found. In addition, a group of people were sitting outside their room, one level down, drinking and smoking and talking loudly. When the noise from both parties continued, I called the front desk and asked to have a manager or security sent over to deal with these two issues. The woman at the front desk informed me that she was the only staff member on duty, and that there was nothing she could do except call the room of the girls. She did. The girls continued their behaviour at a slightly reduced noise level, but still were loud enough that no one in our room got any sleep. The party on the lower level continued on with no one speaking to them about their noise level.
I spoke to the girls and their "parent" in the morning. She informed me that the front desk was aware of the fact that the girls would be staying in the room without parental supervision. She actually told me that she "warned them" about this fact. When I went to check out, I informed the front desk employees about both problems, and told them that I got about an hour and a half of cold sleep for the $100 I paid the Best Western. I acknowledged that it was certainly not the two employees' fault, but that I was very dissatisfied with the noise level caused by the equipment in the room and with the lack of staff on hand to deal with problems on a Saturday night. They were defensive, did not apologize, denied knowing that the kids were on their own, and agreed only to "make a note" of the noise caused by the heat/air equipment.
I understand that these types of situations arise at hotels, and I don't expect silence by any means, but having one female employee on hand to deal with all the problems that could arise at a large hotel on a Saturday night? Also, I sure don't need the condescending attitude from the employees. I was polite and made it clear that I knew it was not their fault. Give me a break Best Western - not what I expected. I have stayed with Best Western frequently over the years, and have experienced friendly staff and assistance in solving any problems that came up. After that brutal night, I won't be booking Best Western anytime in the near future.
Skip this hotel, head down the the road, and cough up the extra few bucks and stay at the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth. I wish I had. We stayed there the following night and they enforce their quiet between 11-7 policy. For me, a decent night's sleep is worth it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Kim K, Front Office Manager at Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western of Birch Run/Frankenmuth. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accomodations, service and consideration we strive for with all our guests - the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced don't happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Birch Run/ Frankenmuth the next time you are in Birch Run. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate excveption to our normally high quality of service.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed on the second floor above the lobby in a room with a king bed.

Pros: It was spacious, clean, odorless & the perfect temperature when we arrived.

Cons: it was an adjoining room & we could hear their conversation & TV. Unfortunatley they woke us up with their very loud voices. halls were also very noisy after 7:30am. Not a place to sleep in.

Would have been nice if...
1. There was a garbage in each room.
2. Washcloths for the shower.
3. Shower head had better pressure.
4. If they told us about cocktail hour that was happening during our check in because we missed it.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

An event brought us to this location (Frankenmuth Snow Fest 2012) as we love art of all medieums. The ice ans snow sculptures were smply put, the best. We lodged in very nearby Birch Run Resort. We traveled with friends. We are elderly as well as handicapped, but our travel was made as we were young again and without physical disabillities. The price was right, as was the short short drive to the festival (about 3 miles). We were genuinly pampered at the Best Western. Even traveled with our friends 2 Cavilier dogs the resort happily opened there arms to. Hard to believe, but true. We intend to return to this motel at least twice a year, and have adopted it as our traditional rondevous spot. We took a lot of pictures, including eating at the famouse Zanders Chicken Restaurant, and the Bavarian across the street Restaurant. We also visited the St. Julians wine tasting establishment while there, and the fudge shops, and cheese store. The wooden covered bridge was fantastic. made some friends while we were there as well. We were very much made to feel welcome. Were hooked.

Room Tip: Excellent security (well lit, w/cameras) Inside a fortress like enviroment. Restaurant within walking distance (about 100 yds.) Ground level for our handicapps, Included some meaningful surprise perks, we didn't even anticipate. That's going above and beyond.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. Your comments were most generous and shall be passed on to the appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western of Birch Run/ Frankenmuth the next time you are visiting Frankenmuth. We look forward to your return.