“Yes, the portions are huge...”

Tony's I-75 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Birch Run
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed November 16, 2013

So if you are a big eater, this is the place to go. And the food is good. But seriously, who needs a basket of bacon? That's like $5.49 for a heart attack. I will say the bacon was tasty, though. I ate 3 slices. My Belgian pancake was also very good, but I only ate half. My husband's western omelet took up the whole plate, and he said that was good too. I really do think they would be doing a service for customers if they'd offer half size portions as an option. Also, from a service perspective, nothing spectacular. I asked if I should order the Belgian Pancake or the Cinnamon French Toast. Our server told me the Belgian Pancake had strawberries and whipped cream, which I had already read on the menu. So I asked if that was her recommendation. She said the Cinnamon French Toast was good too. Thanks for the opinion. And the lady filling the coffee? She said one word and nothing else. "Coffee?" Zero personality. My husband used to work in Birch Run 30 years ago and he are here all the time back in the day. He couldn't wait to take me here. I was unimpressed, and he was less impressed than he used to be.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Yes the portions are huge but the prices are a high. There really isn't much of a deal there because you pay for the huge amount of food you get and they don't give smaller sizes even if you ask. It was 50¢ to get a extra plate too if you want to share. I would say that my Shrimp dinner with Fries and a tossed salad was good and my husband's Angry Tony burger was amazing he said. He bought the Hot Sauce they had there as well. Nice that a place like that patties there own burgers so you know they are fresh and not frozen. The restaurant did seem dirty to me though because they don't clean the booth seats out or under the table at all. Outdated decor for sure. I will tell you that you are not going to be hungry after you leave and more than likely won't have room for dessert which looked so good. Our waitress was very fast too and was attentive which was very nice and different from a chain restaurant. I overall think that I will be going back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for late lunch early dinner(4:00), ordered the bacon burger and wife ordered the chili covered burrito! Besides tasting great, the portions are huge (ask someone about there banana splits OMG)!! We did have to take a doggy bag home! And although I forget our waitress's name, she was awesome!!! See you next visit!

1  Thank peytonspawpaw
Reviewed November 5, 2013

You'll be taking a doggie bag home from this place! You get great value for the money and the food is tasty too. My husband ordered a turkey club sandwich and fries and the sandwich was so full of turkey and bacon (literally 8" high), it came with a steak knife through it to hold it together! Needless to say, he could only eat 1/3 of it. I ordered Chicken parm and it was like a double order...couldn't finish all of mine either. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for home cooked food that's great!

1  Thank paula45414
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a chicken sandwich, which was just normal size, but fries were a la carte. Enough fries for 2. All the other orders I saw were huge! An order of French toast - 6 giant pieces of italian bread dipped and fried...overhung the plate!

Servers are a little snappy, but that's what you get at this place - fast service, big portions, and something you wouldn't get at home.