“A gimmick that works”

Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you can't serve great food... at least you can serve BIG food. That's how it is here at Tony's. The food isn't bad. It's middle of the road in quality, but you aren't going to attract crowds of customers serving average food. This place learned years ago that if you can pile it on in ridiculous amounts and charge a fair price... you will become famous. Many foodie TV shows have featured Tony's because of the famous whole pound of bacon on the BLT sandwich. My wife and I split the Turkey Club sandwich, which is huge and tasty, but average in quality. We paid less than $10. for a meal that satisfied us.

2  Thank flintjarvis

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I split a BLT (which comes with a pound of bacon) and an order of cheesy tater tot-like things that I can remember the name of with my aunt. I didn't even try to eat my half of the BLT as a sandwich. I ate lots of bacon then a tomato sandwich. The bacon was good. Some pieces were crispy, some not so crispy, which I thought was nice because not everyone likes their bacon cooked the same way.

Expect a very diner-type atmosphere.

Plan for the portions to be huge, which is the restaurant's claim to fame.

We thought the prices were very reasonable for the amount of food that came with the meals.

1  Thank srpilch
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Tony's is a one of a kind. Massive amounts of food (bordering on redicullous) but it's a fun family experience. The food is actually really good too. Don't expect the friendliest service though, and they do not like ANY special requests.

1  Thank GarryOwenBrain
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent food in waaaaay oversized amounts. Quick service, friendly staff. Had the BLT, and felt ill from so much bacon the next day!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Tony's after shopping at the Birch Run outlets. We had been there before so we knew it was good. There was 9 of us and everyone loved their food. We were in awe of the amount of bacon that was on the BLT. It was ridiculous....yet awesome! I ordered the turkey sub and it was piled high of turkey. My husband ordered the nachos and it was piled high of meat and cheese (and all of the other fixin's). We weren't disappointed.