“Not again”

Oscar and Joey's Roadhouse
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Birch Run
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Not the best food around the fries and mozzarella sticks are something you can buy at meijers so they arnt anything special. The burgers were decent a lil too thick for my taste. The waitress wasn't on top of anything and kept disappearing and when we were done and requested the check it took forever to get the price was steep for two people we would of been happier getting food out of the hotel snack machine won't be coming back

2  Thank Mkadams13

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Have stayed in the area several times but have never eaten here - I guess I thought it was a biker bar. Not so. Very extensive menu. also wild game ment. Prices were good - higher for the game menu but to be expected. Much home made and daily specials. All in all we will be back and would recommend as g good stop in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We live near here, but have only been 2x. Once under old ownership, once new. Went on Sunday after church with group of friends. Nice cuz we could get a table real easy w/o being busy. Guys got all you can eat fish (I think it was around $10). It was excellent. We like a lighter breaded type instead of thick batter. I got reuben and french onion soup. Both were really good. They do operate, it looks like, on low number of waitresses. But our waitress was real nice. My daughter got chicken tenders, very large portion. Plan to go again. Venison pricey and we eat plenty of that at home, so have not ordered that. Decor hasn't been updated in a very long time, but we only care about the food and space to have fun with our friends. Didn't visit bathrooms. Parking is literally right off the highway. Very close to lots of Outlet shopping, hotels, Meijer and of course the popular Frankenmuth.

1  Thank Beth M
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Food and service was good. Did not like the washroom being in the dinning area rather that being a little discreet.

1  Thank Adab7419
Reviewed November 19, 2012

They have a lot of entrees featuring wild game... Elk, Buffalo, Venison, Aligator, and more.

A lot of wild game plates "taste like chicken", therefore, this time I ordered chicken. The price for the chicken wings was reasonable, and was in the appetizer part of the menu. This plate of chicken wings was quite substantial, because each piece was the full three-segment wing, not the seperated tips, drummies, and wing center. They were seasoned in a bread-crumb coating with parsley bits... different than the type of batter you find at most places. I asked for " Frank's Red-Hot" wing sauce, which they did have. These wings are tasty with the sauce, a little "gamey" tasting without it.

My wife ordered a venison stuffed cabbage roll plate. She said that most of her meat tasted like beef, with a little venison in it.

Our meals came with a bread bowl containing two oversized dinner rolls and two slices of tasty banana-bread and butter spread.

When we first decided to go here, I was a bit skeptical, because the last time I dined here, the place was called "Dixie Daves", and I got dreadfully sick from food poisoning. The dining room is still decorated with lots of taxidermy heads, just like the old "Dixie Daves" and I hoped I wouldn't be having the same experience as before... thankfully I didn't. Both my wife and I enjoyed our meals.

You could easily end up spending a lot of money if you opt for the more exotic plates, but if you keep it simple, the price can be kept in the "reasonable" range.