“Kindness on a cold, rough Christmas”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Birch Run-Frankenmuth, MI
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Birch Run
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Mr. Etta and his staff very kindly allowed us to use their meeting room to hold our impromptu family Christmas celebration on two mornings while our families' homes were out of power. My sister-in-law was staying at the hotel during her power outage (6 days), and we didn't want to crowd our large group in her room. Mr. Etta generously allowed us to the use the space. His compassionate gesture made our unusual and trying holiday much better to have a private, uncrowded and warm place to celebrate. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a comfortable and accomodating stay in the Birch Run area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Awesome management and staff
I have been here for business many weeks at a time and I keep going back. If you ever have any issues the staff is more than happy to help. Food it good in the morning too. If you're in the area of Birch Run I recommend you stay here. Outlet mall, Expo Center, tons of places to eat and close to I-75. Plus, Birch Run is a nice town to be in.
Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

So, the fam had decided that we wanted to do some cross-border shopping during the March break. And so, I looked up a number of Birch Run hotels for us to stay in. Saw Country Inn and Suites listed, and didn't really look into it, aside from the price. As long as it was close to the outlet malls, I would be happy.

So, after a long drive from home, drove up to the hotel, and was very surprised as to how close to the outlet mall it actually was! Not exactly walking distance (the clusters of stores, aside from the nearest one, was too far apart), but it was still nice to be that close. The lobby area was very cozy -- a country-ish feel, along with cookies at the front desk. The sitting area had a basket of red delicious apples. My only complain would be the strong chlorine smell of the swimming pool, which was located toward the back of the hotel, near the elevators. Sometimes, the chlorine smell would make it out to the lobby area. Ah well, at least it's a "clean" smell.

The rooms themselves were fairly comfy. The pillows were okay -- but they were the type that started out fluffy/airy at the start of the night, and then your head ends up level with the bed within a few short hours. Since I tend to "swim" in my sleep, I was able to readjust throughout the night.

Free parking and free wifi Internet, which are always nice things to have. Close enough to the various restaurants to make it very convenient -- assuming you like Bob Evans (which I do).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I have traveled to many places including 9 trips to Hawaii and 4 to Mexico, she likes to shop so we stay at Birch Run pretty often... We used to pick different motels around the area but for the last couple of years decided the Country Inn right at the opening of the outlets is the best pick....The quality of this motel is just what we look for, very clean rooms, friendly staff, and even a tasty free breakfast every morning...

Room Tip: Ask for a suite when checking in, you just might get a free upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Twice a year my friends and I load up the car for a shopping weekend away. Everytime we stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We have a nothing but excellent service and an enjoyable stay. Some of our favourite things:
1. The hotel rooms and clean and spacious
2. The staff is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable
3. They have a FREE breakfast which is fabulous. We love the waffles and have been very impressed that the breakfast now includes other hot items such as eggs, sausages, potatoes, etc. We have never had a bad breakfast and the breakfast room is very clean.
4. The pool and hot tub are great
5. The Prime Outlets mall (the reason we come to Birch Run) is literally on the door step of this hotel. It is great to be able to come and go from hotel to shopping and back to the hotel through out the day. We don't need to worry about ever moving our vehicle once we arrive and all of our purchases can be brought back to the hotel easily.
6. There are tons of great restaurants near by that are a quick walk.
7. The room rates cannot be beat. Great value for your money.

I highly recommend this hotel. We won't even consider staying anywhere else. Thanks for a great Black Friday trip! We'll see you again in May! :)

Room Tip: I have stayed in the King Bedroom Suite as well as a room with 2 double beds. Both are great and qui...
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The location is the best part about this hotel.
it could really use a remodelling. The tile in our bathroom was literally falling apart.
The carpet was very worn. The lobby had an odd funk to it.
The hot tub had a scum on the surface and a gritty feel to the seats and floor which was disappointing after a long day of shopping.
The beds were comfy, but we lost sleep over the noisy air/heating unit.
The shower had very little water pressure.
There was a weird, large fire burning next to the hotel in a drum. Not sure what that was all about but it was going when we checked in and the next day when we left.
I'd stay elsewhere next time and just drive to the mall.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is located way in the corner so I'd avoid the rooms on the first floor by the...
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is my favorite hotel to stay at when we go to Birch Run. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, rooms are spacious, great breakfast selection and the price was very reasonable. you can't beat being right next to the outlets and having so many food options nearby.

1  Thank lovestotravel81
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Birch Run-Frankenmuth, MI? Share your experiences!