“Basic Hotel in Frankenmuth area”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Birch Run
Lambertville, Michigan
“Basic Hotel in Frankenmuth area”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Last minute trip to Frankenmuth, all the hotels in town were booked.
Nothing special. Wasn't dirty, didn't wow me with any special amenities.
It's a 130.00 hotel in the Frankenmuth area.
Breakfast didn't exactly wow me either, but it's a free continetal breakfast.
10 minute drive to all the Beer in bavaria.... (Frankenmuth Octoberfest)

I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is priced right for the location but the room we had was filthy. The rugs had not been vacuumed as debris was visible on the floor. The bathroom was filled with hairs left behind from former guests. The night stand had sticky food stains and coffee rings on it. The non-smoking room was permeated with the smell of stale smoke. The stairwell was very dirty as well with cobwebs and dead bugs like wasps and flies. The stairwells dirt was a concern for us as we worried then about the cleanliness of other areas we cannot see such as the breakfast kitchen where the brunch is cooked.
On a positive note, the pillows and duvets are terrific, very comfortable. Staff at the front desk was good, she gave us a room on the top floor and at the end in order for us to sleep in because we checked in at 1:00am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
9896248000, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your comments with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. I again, apologize for the condition you found the guest room to be in and the stairwell. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Country Inn over this past weekend and was once again very satisfied with my time there. The management team does an extraordinary job of keeping the hotel well maintained, clean, and welcoming. The rooms are always well kept and very clean. The breakfast room always provides the best continental breakfast, including Cadillac coffee every morning. The atmosphere of the hotel is very welcoming and friendly. It is in a perfect location for a day of shopping or a weekend getaway. I will definitely stay at the Country Inn and Suites every time I'm in the Birch Run area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the ONLY place We stay when in Frankenmuth/Birch Run MI, which is a few times a year. Everything about this place is first class!! The staff is WONDERFUL, kind, friendly and always greets you with a "Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening" The rooms are Clean, Roomy, and fresh. The breakfast isn't just donuts, they have everything, eggs bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and much more that I've probably missed. The pool and hot tub is very nice as well. The hotel is very well located with the outlet shopping, actually it's right on the grounds of the stores. To get to Frankenmuth it is simple and fast. You will not go hungry while here, there are restaurants as far as the eye can see. Everything from chains to Mom and Pop places. Then don't forget the chicken in Frankenmuth. I can't say enough good thing about this place, but We are customers for life!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed on every floor of this place and have never had a bad experience. The suites are nic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Country inn & suites last week, I have to say it was the most wonderful experience we had, the management and the staff are very friendly and the hotel is extra clean. I have experienced a lot of different hotel but I give the Country inn & suite the BEST RATING. I want to specially thank Andy the property manager for his hospitality for making our stay delightful!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jinan d
woodstock ontario
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I love the location and the price. Frankenmuth is one of my favourite places. If it weren't for location I wouldn't stay here. I do think the carpets need to be changed for sure they are stained . The pool I know is not heated and I gave up on going in there a few years ago, if I want the pool I would stay at downtown but I am there for the food and shopping and just a weekend getaway . The breakfast is good I just think a little updating in the flooring would be needed badly .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wautoma
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I frequent a lot of Country Inn & Suites in my travels, in doing so I notice a lot of variances between these independently owned properties. I stayed here twice within 3 nights. One room the carpet was dirty & extremely spotted. The carpet had not been completely vacuumed, with snack food underneath the raised hassock. The bathroom both times were clean & maintained. The breakfast selection was good but the table area was not adequate for the number of guests. All Country Inns & Suites offer fresh baked cookies. This location offered what tasted like store bought cookies & they were kept behind the check in counter, so if you wanted one the clerk had to be there for you to get one. Normally they are set out where the guests can get them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run? Share your experiences!