“Dissapointed with Gift Certificate”

Wilderness Trails Zoo
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Birch Run
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Walk through zoo with over 50 different species. Open May - October. Picnic pavilion, petting area, feed stations throughout the trail to feed animals, and parakeet encounter. Birthday packages available. 3 miles east of Prime Outlets of Birch Run and 4 miles south of Frankenmuth. Fun for all ages. Bring the entire family!
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We visited zoo today, the kids loved it and we had a great time. However very disappointed in their handling of Gift Certificate I purchased from TV25 I/2 Deals. They honored our $55 gift certificate for the value of our admittance which totaled $36.50. Lost the rest of the value because they said it had no cash value, I didn't want cash at all, just wanted to spend the remaining $18.50 in gift shop. They wouldn't do that just said the balance was lost because it had no cash value!!!! I should have been at least given a credit for the balance that we could use at a later date!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

5  Thank Vickie M
in 10 reviews
"quarters"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had heard about this place for a while, but never took the time to take the kids. We took a quick Saturday trip to Birch Run and were very pleasantly surprised. They had a lot a animals and much more space than it looks like ont he outside. The Alpaca in the petting zoo area was a favorite as was the kinkajoo (sp) that was in the demonstration area. Shady atmosphere helped with the head and it was easy to navigate. I wish there were more restrooms, located midway, kids have to go quickly, you know! Gift shop is small, which is a benefit to parents. Overall a great day, kids are 8 6 and 3 and it was perfect for all of them.

4  Thank CrisM71
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped here recently on our trip in the Frankenmuth area. She was a little stand-offish towards petting the camel, but she eventually did. The zoo has a large area for the ranging animals. The star to me was the little bobcat, I wanted to adopt him on the spot. They have a nice picnic area for families to gather for lunch and a play area to further entertain the kids. It'sa a good spot for all ages.

3  Thank Adam S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our third visit to the zoo. We like to come back and see all the animals and what is different and/or the same. I especially love the connection that the people working at this zoo has with the animals. Last year on our visit we had a very emotional conversation about one of the birds that used to be there and it touched my heart to know that she felt so much for that bird. They do a wonderful job!!

3  Thank Shannon B